Recycling or reuse personal storage or burning

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Recycling or reuse personal storage or burning

by hug » 30/12/06, 00:02

Recycling is +/- profitable depending on the materials. I do not have an encrypted element, but it seems intuitive to me, (maybe I am wrong), but I find it curious that we spend a lot of energy to recycle a basic material.

For example, recycling a TV is essential, glass can be recycled endlessly. These are rich or noble materials, in the sense of the possibility of recycling.
But I ask myself the question of knowing, for poorer materials if it is more profitable (ecologically)
* to recycle them, which requires transport, sorting, treatment
* or to reuse locally, or even stupidly to store them locally (is paper at the bottom of the garden so inconvenient?), or to burn them in the fireplace?

Do you have elements according to the type of material and the local possibilities (presence of a garden, a fireplace ...)?
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/12/06, 16:50

:? Yes I asked myself too.
I wanted to explore the possibility of making your own pellets (pellets) from all the old paper and newspapers that invade my mailbox.

The idea is to see how to make a die that will crush paper, cardboard ... and compress them enough to extract moisture and give them cohesion.
The raw material is free, delivery included. : Lol:
You just have to transform and store it.

Then acquire a stove or a pellet boiler (from 1500 to 2000 € incl. Tax excluding subsidies for a stove).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/01/07, 01:38

If the expenditure on recycling is "only" energy, this can be quite interesting (but depends a lot on the type of energy used ...) if it avoids the consumption of other resources (water, raw materials) and an emission of chemical pollutants ...

This is why LCA is very interesting because it allows us to go beyond simple intuition.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/01/07, 10:42

Woodcutter wrote:This is why LCA is very interesting because it allows us to go beyond simple intuition.

:?: ACV?
Action Caware of Voitures?
Aincrease Cgrowing from Volontaria?
Arhythm Cardiac Vmuscular?
Aabbreviation Ccompletely Videa of ​​meaning?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 19/01/07, 20:53

Life cycle analysis
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/01/07, 02:52

Targol wrote:[...]:?: ACV? [...]Aabbreviation Ccompletely Videa of ​​meaning?
: Mrgreen:

ImageImageImage
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."