Photovoltaic Resistive Cost Effective

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Photovoltaic Resistive Cost Effective

by PVresistif » 26/02/18, 13:04

Hello
I realized a PV installation running on a standard water heater except the resistor that was modified to work in 30 V
So I have an instillation that produces hot water without any electronics, without inverter, batteries or other expensive and limited-life components.
In addition, the water heater is a storage system that stores energy overnight, in a natural way.
The cost is ridiculous, the price of the sensor plus a disconnector and a circuit breaker; the profitability is maximum, even without subsidies, maintenance zero over a period of 25 years .....
It works perfectly since 3 months (when there is sun of course)
If you have already thought or realized this same type of installation, let me know; if you are interested, I can help you for the resistance, it is the only thing not found in the trade, but it is quite easy (especially if we know the law of Ohm)
To your read
Here is the wiring diagram
Attachments
Appendix 1 Electrical Diagram.pdf
Electrical diagram
(16.74 KB) Downloaded times 1859
3 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic Resistive Cost Effective

by sicetaitsimple » 26/02/18, 14:52

I really like the simplicity of your system compared to a solar thermal system, which, because of the decline of PV panels, is in my opinion today more competitive.

Without wanting to make a psychosis, attention to the risk of legionella: it is recommended to climb once a day at 60 ° C in the ball, I am not sure that you get there the winter covered days.
1 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 26/02/18, 14:59

Indeed your system is interesting, I had shown elsewhere in a post here that given the decline in PV, the solar ECS is no longer too competitive.
The first problem in fact I see it is the replacement of the specific resistance of power by a modified resistance for the occasion.
Kind regards.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 27/02/18, 18:37

PVresistif wrote: zero maintenance over a period of 25 years .....
It works perfectly since 3 months

I like tom optimism, but how can you say that you will have no maintenance for 25 years with a system that has been running for just 3 months ... You advance a little.

Nothing but resistance, in my opinion it will not hold 25 years. And then the tank of the water heater itself, good luck to find one that will hold 25 years drill! And for that it will still at least replace the magnesium anodes.
We talk about it again in 10 or 15?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/02/18, 18:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:Without wanting to make a psychosis, attention to the risk of legionella: it is recommended to climb once a day at 60 ° C in the ball, I am not sure that you get there the winter covered days.

On my pellet boiler (and most of its "top ten" competitors, Austrian therefore not Chinese), the program only provides for a temperature rise to 65 ° per week.

On the other hand, if it's a real problem in the community, the last time I looked at it (there is almost 10 years), there was no known case of legionellosis on a private facility.

Finally, unfortunately, it seems to me that Legionella infections often nestle in the circuits - fittings, thermostatic valve outlet water heater (in any case it is what happened to us in the public establishment in which I had responsibilities in the past).

I suppose there is a 230 V resistor left to top up in the absence of sun? In this case, it suffices to program a "compulsory" rise to +65 ° C once a week ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/02/18, 19:07

Did67 wrote:
I suppose there is a 230 V resistor left to top up in the absence of sun? In this case, it suffices to program a "compulsory" rise to +65 ° C once a week ...

As described, it does not seem obvious, but if it is the case it is enough to program a rise in temperature regularly.
The best being, but it is a little more expensive and takes a more space, to have two balloons in series, the first solar for preheating or heating in summer, the second electric that will just bring the necessary complement if need.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/02/18, 19:32

Yes and no ... I almost, in my youth, had me have:

a) your tank 2, the one where the drawing is made to the user circuits, is "cold" in the morning (since you have taken and drawn)

b) the sun heats the 1 balloon - but not the 2

You must then purge the 2. Or install a "bypass": if it is manual, there is quickly the risk of popular uprising in the house! With the result that we buy social peace while remaining in permanent "forcing" mode ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/02/18, 20:27

Did67 wrote:Yes and no ... I almost, in my youth, had me have:

a) your tank 2, the one where the drawing is made to the user circuits, is "cold" in the morning (since you have taken and drawn)

b) the sun heats the 1 balloon - but not the 2

You must then purge the 2. Or install a "bypass": if it is manual, there is quickly the risk of popular uprising in the house! With the result that we buy social peace while remaining in permanent "forcing" mode ...

Not understood...

The "balloon 2", at least in summer, stays hot at night and fills up after the morning (or evening) shower with water heated the day before in the "balloon 1"?

And in all cases a system like this one, or a solar thermal tank, is anyway a compromise in terms of sizing (and therefore of cost), it will normally be "surplus" in the middle of summer and will require a supplement (electric or other) in the middle of winter.

The "permanent forcing" mode does not seem silly to me insofar as it will be used very little in summer and must be in all cases in winter.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/02/18, 21:24

why limit yourself to 30v? put several panels in series to do almost 220v with the maximum sun, and use a standard resistance 220v ... but it remains a problem: thermostat of origin impossible: it does not have the power to cut of the direct current: electric arc Guaranteed at the first attempt to break

big problem of security with the direct current ... everything must be conceived in a completely different way
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/02/18, 21:36

chatelot16 wrote:why limit yourself to 30v? put several panels in series to make almost 220v with maximum sun, and use a standard resistance 220v ...

Because it would not make sense .... If you plan to mount a dozen panels, you have to switch to an alternative and supply all consumers, including the water heater.
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"