Bags silicate gel, some possible reuses

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

Bags silicate gel, some possible reuses

by Christophe » 28/03/16, 12:22

Something cool to re use the famous silicate sachets present everywhere in new products and save some money at the same time:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153409673399071
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Silicate Gel Sachets, some possible reuse

by RV-P » 13/08/16, 09:23

- I do not know if we can put them in the oven to reactivate them!? ... It seems to me that they are pink if the product is saturated and blue if it is dry, no!? ...
- To check…
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Silicate Gel Sachets, some possible reuse

by Obamot » 13/08/16, 13:51

Yes, it works in the microwave too (but it should not be used for cooking, it is not healthy, the silicate gel either by the way : Mrgreen: )

However, if you do not, you can use white rice Cn(H2O)p (the other is to eat and it attracts moths : Mrgreen: ) by putting it in small cloth pockets, sewn closed. The silicate can be removed from the rice husk (using a microwave: why make simple when you can do complicated) : Lol: It has the same effect as the silicate much cheaper ... And suddenly we can put it everywhere every time or there is a risk of rust to preserve the things we hold (maids of mechanical tools, boxes to tools, drawers containing precious things, any cardboard box containing electrical and / or electronic equipment, places where important papers are stored, and especially the place where you store your memory cards and other USB keys ...!

Moreover, the range of optimum use of silica is limited (25 ° C to 40% hygrometry) outside its action is weak: poor adsorption capacity at low concentrations of moisture and low adsorption capacity to higher temperatures.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

source: https://www.sorbentsystems.com/desiccants_charts.html

Very good subject of thread ...!
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"