Recycling: plastic bag pad

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Recycling: plastic bag pad

by fthanron » 30/03/12, 08:19

I saw this report yesterday (source article http://www.consoglobe.com/du-plastique-pour-paver-les-routes-africaines-cg?utm_source=newsletter_quotidienne) that I find interesting in terms of recycling plastic bags and that questions me on the sanitary / environmental level.

What do you think of the black fumes that emerge during the combustion of plastic for men and for the environment afterwards?
Maybe you have ideas for improving the system?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jxdv_mali-des-sacs-plastiques-pour-des-p_news?start=2#from=embediframe

Bonne journée.
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/12, 09:16

I knew the practice ... we had talked about it a few years ago on econo.

Concerning the plastics and the problems (environment and health) which they pose, one has a rather complete subject here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-plastiq ... 10117.html

If not another technique: Macro puts his plastic bag in gasoline ... it dissolves to what seems!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Recycling: from plastic bag to paver

by bamboo » 02/04/12, 15:39

fthanron wrote:What do you think of the black fumes that emerge during the combustion of plastic for men and for the environment afterwards?

Hello fthanron,

Indeed, this technique is necessarily polluting ...
The fumes should be filtered ...

The Macro technique does not make burning less polluting than Africans do ...
Even if the plastic bag is no longer visible, all the junk that compose it are burned in the Macro engine to come out through the muffler ...

At least (for Europe), when the bag is burned in a dump, a large part of the pollutants is filtered.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/04/12, 15:58

Christophe wrote:fantastic-t10117.html

If not another technique: Macro puts his plastic bag in gasoline ...!

Macro distilled (for experimental purposes) plastics to transform them into, gas, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, paraffin ..

And so far it only concerns experimental quantities (a full tank of troconeuse, 1 liter of "diesel" and a can of kero)

Macro uses other non-fossil waste to put in its engine for the moment ...

Plastofuel much less profitable ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/12, 16:19

0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/12, 16:22

Christopher said:

Macro puts his plastic bags in gasoline ... it dissolves to what seems!

in other words: too much or not enough! : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 02/04/12, 16:50

Well, thanks for the info.

I was hoping that a simple / economical technical solution could be proposed / implemented to improve the recycling conditions.

It's not what I understand.

Good evening.
0 x
Frederic
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/04/12, 21:17

Problem solved in Russia, instead of burning, it is melted, it is loaded into incinerators ash, to make full of building elements, bricks, siding, etc .. !!!
It's better to recycle this plastic instead of burning it nonsense.

See Elephant who gave the reference.

Others plastic bottles make sweaters.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/04/12, 23:50

the plastic bags are generally made of polyethylene or polypropylene: it burns very well, no more polishing than fuel oil or firewood, provided that the fireplace works well

burn dirty plastic bag is the best thing to do

dissolve in what? polyethylene does not tell in any simple solvent

distil as in a refinery it is possible: heated mixed with other hydrocarbon, it will eventually decompose and make other fuel
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/04/12, 09:34

The distillation tests we did. they were made with HDPE, polypropylene, polystyrene.

We did not take PET that recycles it much better otherwise.

If the distillations are made in the same ranges of T ° as the petroleum products it burns in a corresponding engine without smoke, on the other hand the smell of the fuel and the gas obtained is rather irritating kind acrolein.

For a kilogram of plastic, one can get 5% of carbon residues and 1litre of base which can be redistilled to obtain three or 4 fractions different the sum of the fractions will remake a liter with 0 residues.

The fuel obtained has a tendency to oxidize it must be consumed fairly quickly or preserved oxygen supply.

I do not burn plastic directly and do not dissolve it directly in gasoline ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...