Waste: leave your packaging to supermarkets!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

Waste: leave your packaging to supermarkets!

by Christophe » 05/09/11, 11:04

Unpack the packaging! NATHALIE FONTREL - YESTERDAY, 05:10

Hypermarkets do not respect one of the flagship articles of the Grenelle law: allowing consumers to leave the packaging of products in the store.

"Any establishment of more than 2.500 square meters has a packaging collection point at the checkout". This has been the law since July XNUMXst.

The chronicle of Nathalie Fontrel (1'52 ")

These unpacking platforms offer consumers the possibility of leaving unnecessary packaging on site. This makes it possible to lighten the weight of citizens' trash cans, to avoid them paying twice for packaging: once when purchasing the product, the second by paying the household waste removal tax.
And finally to encourage producers and distributors to be more sober, to chase overpacks.

But the hypermarkets didn't really follow the law. Asked by the independent waste information center, CNIID, none of the major groups replied "yes, yes we will do it". While asserting that the unboxing platforms were expensive, and did not provide a very efficient service to consumers. The Minister of Ecology recognized in July that the "crisis effect" had gone through this. And as always, it relegates ecology to the background. She is considering sanctions. But first wants to convince.

For CNIID, the disrespect of the law proves that the discourse of distributors on sustainable development is not convincing.
But after all, the French too are far from being convinced: only 31% are interested in the environmental impact of packaging according to a survey by the French Institute of Public Opinion. 60% first want packaging to be practical before being ecological.

Each year, nearly 5 million tonnes of packaging are placed on the market. Not all of them are recycled far from it. And they fill the trash that goes to landfill or incinerator. And it costs you more and more: with the generalization of the incentive fee, everything that is not recycled is billed according to the weight or the frequency at which you take out your trash.

Chronicle to listen to here: http://www.france-info.com/chroniques-p ... 1-144.html
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/09/11, 11:08

well, I suggest that each econologist, after asking the cashier where the packaging collection point was, unpack one or two of his purchases and leave the packaging at the end of the box, citing the law.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/11, 11:10

Good idea !! To relay : Cheesy:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/09/11, 11:20

just to be precise in your crusade, here is the number of the law to be cited: law n ° 2010-788 of 12 July 2010
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/11, 11:26

Don't forget to take a picture of the box with the packaging when you leave :)

I try the thing the next time I check out! We'll see if I find myself at hihihihi security : Mrgreen:

The concern is, I think, that it is the cashier who risks getting yelled at ... right? :|
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 05/09/11, 11:32

Exactly what I was going to say Christophe, is the cashier who will either have more work or be dismantled by the kapo chefs from the store ... : Evil:

So the packaging, yes, but in the manager's or chef's office with the label explaining why!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/11, 12:16

Well, of course we are still going to be bored ... but the law is the law! Am I wrong?

Otherwise deposit them at the central cashier, it's better, right? Like that we do not care by the brothel at the checkout, the cashier is not bothered, but it annoys the store anyway ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/09/11, 12:40

I don't really see the point in leaving your packaging in the store (environmentally speaking).
There may be savings for the municipalities (a little less waste to be treated), but basically, once a packaging has been created, it must be transported, recycled / incinerated ... so as usual instead of treating the problem at the root (making anti-waste laws once and for all with real measures), we use "measures" with limited impact.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 05/09/11, 12:42

Why not just leave it on the shelf ..?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/11, 12:55

sen-no-sen wrote:I don't really see the point in leaving your packaging in the store (environmentally speaking).
There may be savings for the municipalities (a little less waste to be treated), but basically, once a packaging has been created, it must be transported, recycled / incinerated ... so as usual instead of treating the problem at the root (making anti-waste laws once and for all with real measures), we use "measures" with limited impact.

We can always do better (manufacturers are not going in the right direction at the moment: we are reducing doses more and more and increasing more and more the price per dose / per kg ...)

But if the sorting of waste in our corner of Belgium is very well in place and works rather well, it is far, very far, from being the case systematically in France! So having it done in part by the store will have an impact and will cost economically speaking cheaper than individual sorting (mass effect)

Also, most trucks delivering a large area must leave ... empty, right? So you might as well have them transport products to be recycled (exactly like the cargo ships coming from China see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/arte-repor ... t3118.html )

look at the photo report on individual recycling at Idelux that we did in 2006: https://www.econologie.com/forums/reportage- ... t2273.html

Here we even sort the bottles according to the color of the PET!

Obviously the packaging part that can be left in the store is quite small, especially for food (apart from possible cardboard boxes and transparent plastic packaging ...) ... and not only: for example, for the household appliance, it is used to protect it for store transport - at home ...

In hard discount it is the reverse; packaging boxes have always been supplied to customers! : Cheesy:
0 x