Farmer not polluting: tire recycling?

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
vivalapolska
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Farmer not polluting: tire recycling?

by vivalapolska » 28/04/11, 20:14

Hello,

I am a farmer on cessation of activity. At one time, tire dealers left at my house without any consideration (financial or other) tires which I used to ballast silo tarpaulins. I am currently looking to eliminate these tires (4 tippers weighing around 16 tonnes).
The certified collector in my region sent me the rates and, after calculation, it would cost me around 3000 euros. I do not understand why I should pay this amount when originally it was tire dealers who got rid of this waste without paying anything and that currently they do not pay to evacuate theirs. They no longer need the peasants.
I am willing to be an eco citizen but not at any cost ....

I remain at your disposal for your solutions.

PS: many farmers are currently ceasing their activity, they have the same problem as me.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/11, 20:44

Delicate problem.

At the time, there were no eco-taxes of any kind and much less eco-political awareness.

Today yes, so it is "normal" that the situation is different.

Other than "direct recycling", I don't have much advice on how to get rid of your tires.

For example; earthships use them in their foundations and walls:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/earthship- ... t9821.html
https://www.econologie.com/earthship-en- ... -4283.html
0 x
vivalapolska
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vivalapolska » 28/04/11, 21:18

Yes, but there are many of them and with totally random dimensions ...

Today, the easy solution would be to bury them ... What impact would this have? Certainly less serious than burning them?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/11, 21:25

Well yes I think minimal ... but surely illegal!

Besides, recycling in eartship is a kind of landfill.

Otherwise I think there are some mountain communities that use them in avalanche / landslide ...

Do some research.
0 x
vivalapolska
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vivalapolska » 28/04/11, 21:28

I suspect that it is prohibited like many shoes but nothing is in place either ...

And looking is what I do but obviously apart from giving me a good conscience of having made the gesture of looking I think it will end like this ...

I'm still looking for a little
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 28/04/11, 21:54

0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 28/04/11, 22:30

Hello,

In the first link given by CASTOR read the article "Ecotax fraud and ALIAPUR exceeds the objective ..." and you will understand that if you cannot justify the payment of this tax on the purchase you must pay the reprocessing department.

jlg
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 29/04/11, 10:13

0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/04/11, 13:25

We can translate at least the title and the principle:
How to transform plastic into diesel fuel for cheap !!
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable ... eaply.html
It is heated and evaporated with decomposition without oxygen in a closed container and above all, the toxic vapors are collected by condensing them in a container and collecting the oil vapors at room temperature in cold water and by burning the non-condensable gases.

For tires it is possible but less easy than plastics.

Before you shred them.

For 3000 to 4000 tires (4x16 tonnes to 20Kg per tire) it is not obvious and the price of 3000 € corresponds to less than 1 € the tire to be reprocessed properly, which is not expensive for the necessary work and by compared to the purchase price of € 50 for new tires !!

This pyrolysis system will cost more, just in energy.

One possibility is to pass on these tires in small quantities to potential users for small numbers of tires as constructions with recovered materials, shelters or cheap games, reinforcements of embankments or collapsing earth wall?
The problem is quantity.

What is not expensive is to burn in a powerful high-performance boiler recovering the fumes with an emission filter, like modern incineration plants or cement kiln.
But the tires burn, releasing a lot of junk which saturates the filters which are expensive !!

Just transporting the tires to incineration will probably cost almost € 3000 (2 to 3 large 30-ton trucks).
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"