Augmented reality and econological applications?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Augmented reality and econological applications?

by Christophe » 02/08/10, 13:52

I just discovered that augmented reality (this name is still shit I think but hey ...) had become almost mainstream in a few months, thanks to the latest version of the iphone ...

I therefore open this subject to present and learn more about the existing applications of "augmented reality" but above all to discuss the ecological concepts that it could allow ...

An article to have some basics on the concept (which I did not have :D: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9ali ... ent%C3%A9e

This is the 1er thing that would really make me want to have a smartphone ...

Interesting too: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinateur_ubiquitaire

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/08/10, 16:04

Some will tend to call this the rigged or idealized reality ????

It all depends on the real-time computing power of the computer for "augmented" or even "faked" videos !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/08/10, 20:16

I would rather call it "the augmented illusion"...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/10, 10:49

Rooh who are cynical!

Yes, the term is awkward but try to think about econological applications, I already see one: coupled with a thermal camera, take stock of losses in real time "in front of the wall" : Cheesy:

Well, we'll have to wait a few more years ...

But look at the GPS: it has saved billions of L of oil since its public appearance ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 03/08/10, 14:00

Christophe wrote:But look at the GPS: it has saved billions of L of oil since its public appearance ...

The only time I used a GPS, I did 10km of rab!

Ps: yes I know I am a pooper! :D
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/12, 12:48

http://www.slate.fr/lien/50489/google-l ... terminator

Google: smart glasses before the end of the year

The glasses are about to become a little more geeky than before, and the man to get closer to Terminator. Journalist Nick Bilton reports in a post on the New York Times Bits blog that Google is about to market glasses that will broadcast augmented reality information by the end of the year. The product, dubbed "heads-up display glasses" (VO), will allow users to receive information about their environment such as reviews of nearby restaurants or the presence of friends. Bilton writes:

"People close to the Google glasses have confirmed that they will use Android and will have a small screen that will be a few millimeters away from the user's eye. They will also have a connection to 3G or 4G data and several sensors, including motion and GPS. "

The screen will appear on one eye only. The plan is to market the glasses at the same price as a smartphone, between 250 and 600 dollars in the United States. Like phones, the glasses will be made for occasional use and not to be worn all day.

9to5 Google blogger Seth Weintraub, who has been following the "Terminator Eyeglass" case for several months, cites sources who say they will look like Oakley's MP3 Thump glasses, and reports that users will be able to navigate by tilting or shaking his head.

Uninitiated users may be surprised by users' untimely head shaking, just as they thought people were talking alone when they came out of the first Bluetooth wireless headset. The smart glasses are developed by GoogleX, a laboratory that specializes in innovative projects, while Motorola and Apple are also studying portable computing products, according to Weintraub and Bilton.

But the glasses also come with questions about privacy that are taken very seriously by GoogleX, reports Bilton. Sebastian Anthony writes about it on Extreme Tech:

"A laptop that a) knows where you are and b) what you are looking at ... The term" tracking cookie "will take on a whole new dimension when Google makes the connection between your real-life business and your Internet business. Do not forget that Google is a company that sells advertising, for which the eyeballs are transformed directly into money, and it is difficult to get closer to your eyes than with a pair of augmented reality glasses.

When you watch a car dealership, Google will be able to display a competitor's ads. When you look at your computer or television, or through a shop window, the glasses can perceive your head movements and send information about the effectiveness of the advertising display. Even more crazy, Google could even add its own layer of interactive advertising when you read a newspaper or a book.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Augmented reality and econological applications?

by Christophe » 28/04/21, 15:17

Nice what we can do ... with an old xBox!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexisth ... 95520-_Nk3
0 x