Switch to xenon bulbs on your vehicles

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Former Oceano

Switch to xenon bulbs on your vehicles

by Former Oceano » 16/02/10, 19:05

There are (just search on a search engine) Xenon kits designed to replace halogen or conventional bulbs in our cars and motorcycles.

The price of the kit (with diode nightlights) is around 85 €.

We increase safety (better vision), we increase the longevity of the bulbs, we use less current.

For example on a motorcycle or a sccoteur, we go from 45W (cyclos / small motorcycles) or 55 / 60W (halogen motorcycle headlight) to 35W.

In short, for a motorcycle, it saves the battery (since you have to drive in code) and fuel since you have less electricity consumption.

The kit (which can be single or double) includes electronic ballast (s), connection wires, xenon and diode bulb (s).

In addition, as a kit, it can be transposed to another vehicle or be sold when the time comes to change it.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/02/10, 20:56

:?: I thought about it in particular to improve the quality of the lighting ...

But however, I doubt a little that it decreases consumption ...
The power advertised is that of the bulb, not that of the complete kit.
I understand that the ballast was very greedy at startup and I think it must eat a little in the process.
Anyway, given the prices ... : Evil: It's impossible to write off.
Maybe I'll give it a try if I find one at the junkyard. :?: : Idea:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/02/10, 21:25

I have a doubt about the regulations related to this kind of lamp.
At a not so distant time I had read that these lights could only be installed on vehicles equipped with a level corrector. Otherwise you need a tilt corrector at the lights itself.
Inform you well because this obligation may still be in force.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/02/10, 22:13

1) I am surprised at the price: while passing through a VW-Audi garage a few years ago, I had heard 150 euros .... the bulb!

2) being already of a certain age, I hate to cross vehicles thus equipped or to have them behind me! : Evil: , and this since I was 45 years old!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 16/02/10, 23:02

Indeed, with xenon lamps, the optics and their settings must be almost perfect otherwise it is severe dazzling!
And the price seems suspicious to me and far removed from the "standards": I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Chinese imitation at a low price and very low lifespan ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 26/02/10, 16:04

The setting should not only be perfect: it is necessary, as Forhorse says, to have a level corrector automatic.
And fortunately, because it is already a hassle to have Xenon well adjusted in front of you, then poorly adjusted ...
Hello security ...

oiseautempete wrote:Indeed, with xenon lamps, the optics and their settings must be almost perfect otherwise it is severe dazzling!
And the price seems suspicious to me and far removed from the "standards": I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Chinese imitation at a low price and very low lifespan ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity