Asked to change my batteries

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Asked to change my batteries

by bham » 25/01/10, 14:27

Here, I have batteries that drop me, those of the camera and those of the cordless telephone.
For the camera, these are Nimh AA batteries of 2000mAh (1,2v) and for the telephone, Nimh AAA batteries of 600mAh (1,2v).

1- Should I buy the brand batteries for the camera, knowing that I have the dedicated charger, or can I buy any AA Nimh battery of 2000mAh without risk for the charger and the camera ?

2- Same question for the phone.

3- Can I buy larger capacity rechargeable batteries, 1000mAh instead of 600mAh for example or 2700mAh instead of 2000mAh, without damaging the dedicated chargers?

Thank you for your answers.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 25/01/10, 15:31

from the moment when the format: AA or other is the same and the same techno: nimh,
capacity is not a problem if it is higher. simply, the charging time will be a little longer than with the old batteries but they will last longer.

for my camera, I even found AA in 3600mAh
0 x
Click my signature
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 25/01/10, 15:37

it is better to take the brand's batteries, because those sold in "compatibility" are often crap in a box and are out after 1 year in the best case ... hence false economy ..
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 25/01/10, 16:16

oiseautempete wrote:it is better to take the brand's batteries, because those sold in "compatibility" are often crap in a box and are out after 1 year in the best case ... hence false economy ..

no, but here we are talking about "standard" AA batteries
they are therefore not (unless I am mistaken) the mark of the AFN.
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

Re: Question to change my batteries

by Christophe » 25/01/10, 16:22

bham wrote:3- Can I buy larger capacity rechargeable batteries, 1000mAh instead of 600mAh for example or 2700mAh instead of 2000mAh, without damaging the dedicated chargers?

No, it will just take longer to charge ... but there is no point in boosting the capacity either (more expensive batteries).

We offer 2 high-performance models on the store (you are entitled to 10% reduction on the public price):

These are the ones I would take in your place because very little self-discharge: https://www.econologie.com/shop/accus-ni ... p-151.html

Otherwise a 2700 mAh model: https://www.econologie.com/shop/piles-ac ... p-152.html

Smart batteries and chargers
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 25/01/10, 16:28

Ah thank you guys for the answer, I will see on the Chris shop.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/01/10, 08:38

Very correct price: when we see that we pay easy 7 or 8 euros for a set of 4 AA alkaline in supermarkets!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Question to change my batteries

by I Citro » 26/01/10, 10:37

Christophe wrote: These are the ones I would take in your place because very little self-discharge: https://www.econologie.com/shop/accus-ni ... p-151.html

These are also the ones I would recommend. :P

I had bought AA batteries for my camera from a well-known brand in 2700mAh "professional special PHOTO" and each time I needed the camera, they were discharged.
: Evil:

Since I use the low self-discharge batteries, (a game in the device and a game in its carrying case), my device is always operational.
8)
In addition, I have the clear feeling of taking more photos and being able to use my device longer, screen lit with a single set of batteries despite their announced lower capacity (2100mAh instead of 2700mAh previously).
: Shock: :?:
: Idea: I wonder if these low self-discharge batteries do not have a lower internal resistance or a lower voltage drop in use compared to traditional technologies.
:?:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/01/10, 10:45

Well I gave up completely the hope of one day being able to make the purchase of such batteries profitable ... I returned to alkalines from aldi..And even in professional use on explosimeters we find ourselves greatly in profitability and reliability ... : Evil: : Evil: a pity for the planet but to recycle batteries which hardly last longer than simple batteries I wonder where is the econology of the chmilblic ...
0 x