Good resolutions, devices to ban and things to avoid

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Good resolutions, devices to ban and things to avoid

by the middle » 01/01/10, 14:49

Hello,
Happy New Years everyone
Often the start of the year is a good excuse to lose weight, to quit smoking ...
Pfff, and then what again, no longer have an aperitif?
No I'm kidding,
I believe that there are other resolutions to be taken, much more clever
:D
I'm talking about avoiding the purchase of electric toothbrushes, electric salt shakers, thermostats, radiators with batteries, electric vibrators (there are very good natural devices), avoid changing your mobile phone for reasons of modernity, avoid buying exotic wooden boards or furniture, looking for more holidays ecologists, hunting for waste (electric and others).
We can also resolve to take more interest in the real problems of our little planet. (Mozilla tells me there is a fault with the planette ?, but does not give me a counter offer? What, it already no longer exists?)
It seems that we have ten years left to reverse our destructive madness, after, it will be too late ... :? (runaway phenomenon, which is already started, it would seem)
Other proposals? :D of useless and stupid purchases.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/01/10, 15:25

Good subject but it requires too much thought for a 1st of the year : Cheesy:

ps: it's simply planet!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Good resolutions, appliances to ban, and things to avoid

by sen-no-sen » 01/01/10, 16:17

lejustemilieu wrote:Hello,

Other proposals? :D of useless and stupid purchases.

Uh just to say a bullshit: Nes .... o "what else" and other machines to make mass waste.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/01/10, 17:12

Electric vibrator!
Frankly ? : Shock:

To strike a happy medium?
: Cheesy:

Come on, I kiss you.
-----
suggestion: Can we re-use the electric toothbrush as a vibro on the mains?

(Otherwise, there are always good reversible puppets with percussion)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/01/10, 17:37

the middle ground wrote:

electric vibrators (there are very good natural devices)

Totally agree : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 01/01/10, 17:52

Although it goes a bit in a spin on this wire, today, I think it is necessary to tackle the "big masses" (the electric toothbrush, it is peanuts - that said, I do not have any. not) :

- transport / travel / so cars (for those who still have some - this is my case)
- heating and hot water, therefore insulation, energy source ...
- food: reduce products with a high carbon footprint (imported from afar, out of season) and drastically reduce meats (especially red - your heart will also gain)
- overall, keep what is still working but is just hit by obsolescence, do not be stupid by the ad (like Nespresso - excellent, the ad!; Iphone; etc ...)

After that, which is not nothing, I agree, even a vibrator would not completely shock me ... But someone said, nature does better! (and it's also good for the heart, literally or figuratively)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/01/10, 19:30

The big departures of the Weekend make me stack up.
But deprive yourself of traveling abroad…
Leaving once every 4 years, to find out, is it wrong Doctor?

When you see that a lot of people only work on the move.
(Besides the grand-guignolesque example which comes from the highest of the State…)
For me, it's like the toothbrush (yet recommended by dentists), my efforts are peanuts!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/01/10, 20:58

Go , year resolution : Mrgreen: :

For those who heat with wood: ---> Burn wood with the best possible setting and as dry as possible to avoid the big loss of yield, the huge cloud of fine particles and other toxic smogs.

- Even if it's nice and convivial, avoid the fire in a simple fireplace "for the pleasure".
- When you don't have a recent efficient boiler / insert:
- Do not throttle the air intake (better combustion).
- Make a high fire for a shorter time rather than a hidden fire all day. (better yield).
- Check, when possible, whether its combustion control makes smoking by going outside to see the chimney outlet. "Correctly adjusted" we arrive at absolutely no smoking, the glass of the insert is self-cleaning, and the chimney flue hardly smears.
- For the drying of the wood, devote the space necessary for a longer storage which allows to perfect / ensure the drying over more than a year for example.

- When the wood is catastrophically damp, split it into much smaller logs (much larger drying area).

http://passion.bois.free.fr/le%20materi ... ois%20.htm

Slots at the end. The water circulation in the wood is easy in the longitudinal direction, much more than in the radial direction and in the tangential direction. Likewise, evaporation on end grain surfaces is active. This results in particularly rapid drying in end grain accompanied by a shrinkage causing slots which tend to progress along the length of the tray.

Chui studying the possibility of making slits in the radial direction of the logs, to increase "the slits at the end" which are particularly conducive to drying (to burn). For this, it will not be the purchase of a vibrator but with a circular saw ... : Mrgreen:

The second advantage is that if it dries well with these radial grooves, there is no longer any need to split the logs into "very" small logs, a "large" log giving for example 4 small logs but which occupy a much larger volume than the original log The "energy density" in the log basket decreasing too much, so X additional manipulations .... In short, dry the wood without losing bulk, time, yield, handling. ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132