Eco bulbs to replace halogen tube 500 W?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fxlacombe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Eco bulbs to replace halogen tube 500 W?

by fxlacombe » 11/12/09, 07:21

Hello,

Are there economical bulbs to replace the 500W halogen tubes found in living room floor lamps (11cm tube I think), or in outdoor projectors?
It would require very powerful led models or compact fluorescent lamps with off-center bodies ... Does that exist?

@+
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

eco bulbs 500w lamps

by tigrou_838 » 11/12/09, 09:49

hi, why would you want to replace a 500w halogen tube, if your house is well insulated, you use it as heating, since XX percent of the electrical consumption goes into heat, no need for heating.

Not on the head. 8)

well i'm going out.

tigrou
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/12/09, 10:23

Yes it exists, but you will not have the same light intensity as with a 500w halogen

By cons there are large compact fluorescent lamps not far from 100w, so in incandescent equivalent we must not be far from 500w. But the overall dimensions are not the same at all.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/12/09, 10:31

I confirm that there are compact fluorescent lamps designed for the same frame as the halogen tubes.

Their flux is equivalent to approximately 120 W incandescent. And they are far from being free (20-25 euros excl. VAT, wholesale price)

In fact you must know what your application is:

Keep on going ? Think fluorescent tubes, HQI-TS (70 and 140 watts), merc 'or sodium vapor balloon.

Switched by detector: there are halogen tubes of 200 Watts
(and 100 watts for the small dimension)

Occasional (like a few BBQs a year) do the profitability calculation.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/09, 11:02

There are 3 models of R7s bulbs (this is the "official" name of pencil bulbs) on our shop from € 12.50 including tax:

https://www.econologie.com/shop/eclairag ... ique-c-100
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 11 / 15, 20: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/12/09, 14:14

Excellent price, indeed.

After inspection, it was an Osram at 15 euros excluding VAT.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 11/12/09, 19:35

I bought 2 to replace a 300W "pencil" on a chandelier and another 500W on a floor lamp.

The heating time is always the weak point of these products. Compared to halogen, it's very different.

The lighting power is also significantly lower.

The aesthetics are much less good because the tube clearly exceeds the chandelier or floor lamp.

The holding in the lamp leaves a little to be desired because only the spring contacts hold the lamp, and as the unbalance is huge.

In short, I still do not regret my purchase because consumption is incomparably lower, but I am not very excited by this product.

In fact, I am hardly satisfied with the economical lighting products available on the market. No doubt the market is not ripe ...

The dream would be to have LED lamps of power, more than 10W. Because the current LEDs, 3W maximum, are pale ... I saw that Mégaman had announced LEDs of 15 W. On the other hand, neither price nor date of availability announced for the moment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/09, 00:11

Well yes but good for the moment there is that.

10 W in LED is far from being equivalent to 300 or 500 W in halogen ...

It would take at least 40 to 50 W led to obtain equivalent 300W ... if it exists maybe it must still be overpriced ...

I have a 12W led lamp for tests, it is sold for around 80 €, amazing: there is only one power led and the fins are very large!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/12/09, 01:25

As I said, it does at most the flow of 120 Watts

Korben Dallas said:

In fact, I am hardly satisfied with the economical lighting products available on the market. No doubt the market is not ripe ...

and I share his opinion. We should not think of "replacement", but flow where it is needed. What requires study and testing

Example: a dining room chandelier (5 or 6 times 60 watts) can be replaced by 2 50 W halo 24 ° spots + 2 eco points 11 to 18 watts for the ambiance. which makes 136 watts for a dining room. Personally, I have 4 X 35 watts at meal times and a small 18 watt lamp for the atmosphere.

In a workshop, we can think of lowering the fluorescent lights to keep 300 to 600 lux on the workbenches and neglecting the aisles. Repainting the ceiling and walls in white is profitable.

In a shop, put the fluorescent lights in the central axis of the aisles, not above the gondolas.

In a living room, you can give up 500 indirect watts to have spots on the reading points, 20 W halo spots towards the paintings, 2 or 3 times 18 watts eco for the atmospheres.

In a showcase 1 or 2 HQI-TS of 70 or 140 watts for 4 m wide work wonders. Creating alternating shaded areas and brightly lit dots works wonders and appeals to customers.

But to believe that we are going to go from 500 watts to 25 for our living room, we dream a little ... unless we are a little masochistic. Life is too short to light up sad :D
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 12/12/09, 17:20

Christophe wrote:Well yes but good for the moment there is that.

Yes, unfortunately, the sale of 100W incandescent lamps is now prohibited, we have no choice to take the "imperfect" products of the moment.

I am sure that manufacturers are dragging their feet to release suitable substitute products, wanting to amortize the production lines of the former above all (like the automobile industry for example).
0 x