Track the consumption of my electrical equipment on PC

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
MARTIN83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Track the consumption of my electrical equipment on PC

by MARTIN83 » 07/12/09, 18:36

I'm looking for a set of equipment that would allow me to record the consumption of my main electrical devices on my PC.
For example, I would like to know the consumption of my radiators as a function of time.
For that I would have to install a small box on the power supply of my radiators.
My PC would be connected to a sort of central unit which would collect information in real time and restore it to me on demand in the form of a graph, average consumption, etc. and this radiator by radiator.

A better knowledge of my consumption would allow me to manage it better.

I have searched, no doubt badly, and not yet found :?: ...
0 x
for eco-friendly + ecological comfort
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/12/09, 19:43

0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/12/09, 19:59

And basically, how does it work ???

Because without having for each device, a probe, how could the entire electrical system of a house make the difference between the coffee maker, the water heater and the radiators?

Thanks and...

....Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 07/12/09, 20:22

Yeah and what is the point of going through a PC that is permanently connected and that eats 120w minimum (in office use, much more when working at maximum) permanently? Must already start by turning on the PC only when you really need it ... : roll:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Track the consumption of my electrical equipment

by Christophe » 07/12/09, 20:33

MARTIN83 wrote:I have searched, no doubt badly, and not yet found :?: ...

Toutafé (it's good to admit it) otherwise you would probably have found this product and this subject:

https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/ecowatt-85 ... t8764.html

Here is an example of a curve it allows:

The ecowatt is made to be installed on the general of the dwelling but nothing prevents you from putting it on an extension cord in order to follow the consumption only of one appliance or group of appliances.

For this, simply strip it and isolate the phase wire to put the clip of the ecowatt ...

Otherwise you can put on the circuit breaker "radiator", "kitchen" ... etc etc ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/09, 20:40

lejustemilieu wrote:: D a little reading, still goooogle:
http://trends.rnews.be/fr/economie/12-1 ... ml?cid=rss

Here is the official site: http://www.google.org/powermeter/

Question: can we buy the "hardware" in Belgium or in France? Apparently not yet ... on the other hand it has just been released in UK ...
0 x
fred68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fred68 » 08/12/09, 04:34

Hello,

I have a solution for you,

I am currently developing this type of system.
It is a central acquisition unit allowing to measure both equipment currents (without dismantling and without opening circuits), temperatures, levels, hygros, in short any type of analog or digital sensor.

Everything is centralized on an acquisition module connected via USB to an epc.

The completely autonomous unit is programmed to send periodically (day, week and month), an energy consumption report with historical curves, the cost price per item in euros, all of this is associated with energies with fixed pricing ( gas, water) or variable (elec price day night).

The set can be configured as desired (measuring range, nominal operating value)

Finally, the system is equipped with a configurable alert system that can send alert emails or even text messages according to programmable thresholds.

The set is currently installed in several industry and communities allowing an analysis of the consumption and the distribution of energy costs.

If you want more info, don't hesitate.

fred
0 x
MARTIN83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MARTIN83 » 08/12/09, 09:20

Lietseu wrote:And basically, how does it work ???

Because without having for each device, a probe, how could the entire electrical system of a house make the difference between the coffee maker, the water heater and the radiators?

Thanks and...

....Meow :P

In fact I am talking about big connsommateurs, typically radiators, water heaters etc. It is indeed necessary to insert in the power supply circuit of your radiator a "probe" which you place at the back of this one.
This little probe has an "address" that you assign to it using small switches.
The control unit receives the data via the electrical network, records it in real time and transmits it to the PC on demand via the USB port.
That would make it possible to know that when my daughter takes her bath, when my son enters his room, when I allow myself to go to increase the temperature of the stay ... hello kWatt and therefore to crack down ... no, to react !! !
0 x
MARTIN83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MARTIN83 » 08/12/09, 09:33

fred68 wrote:Hello,

I have a solution for you,

I am currently developing this type of system.
It is a central acquisition unit allowing to measure both equipment currents (without dismantling and without opening circuits), temperatures, levels, hygros, in short any type of analog or digital sensor.

Everything is centralized on an acquisition module connected via USB to an epc.

The completely autonomous unit is programmed to send periodically (day, week and month), an energy consumption report with historical curves, the cost price per item in euros, all of this is associated with energies with fixed pricing ( gas, water) or variable (elec price day night).

The set can be configured as desired (measuring range, nominal operating value)

Finally, the system is equipped with a configurable alert system that can send alert emails or even text messages according to programmable thresholds.

The set is currently installed in several industry and communities allowing an analysis of the consumption and the distribution of energy costs.

If you want more info, don't hesitate.

fred

Hello,

You can tell me how much it costs to track 5 radiators and a water heater.

Does this solution require specific wiring?

Have you already installed this system in private homes?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/09, 11:22

MARTIN83 wrote:The control unit receives the data via the electrical network, records it in real time and transmits it to the PC on demand via the USB port.

But this is exactly the principle ofEcowatt 850 ! Have you looked at the links that I have indicated to you? (if not what does ducros get rid of?)? https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html

: Shock:

MARTIN83 wrote:... hello kWatt and therefore to crack down ... no, to react !!!

kWh please !! Explanations here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post150915.html#150915
0 x