Eco lamp connected to Legrand motion detector

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
treker
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Eco lamp connected to Legrand motion detector

by treker » 01/12/09, 11:56

Hello everyone,

good here I have searched but may not be good enough, unfortunately I can not find an answer to my problem.
In the living room I have a socket controlled by a switch. As the switch is on a crossing point I decided to replace it with an automatic detector switch from Legrand (Celiane). With a conventional bulb, it works flawless. By cons we wanted to replace the bulb with an energy saving and misery it does not work. the bulb only flashes, the inter also on its buttons .. brief back. I read a lot about the fact that off there is a residual charge with LEDs but me it does not even turn on so no possibility to turn off.

I have no doubt that I am not the first to encounter this problem, in short I turn to you to know what to do. Obviously no little blue wire at the switch ....

Thank you for your help.

trekker
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/12/09, 13:58

trekker

The output of your automatic detector is surely controlled by a triac which needs a minimum of charge to function, for LEDs it is preferable to have a relay output.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
treker
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by treker » 01/12/09, 15:15

possible, but then how should I do ??
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/12/09, 18:13

treker wrote:possible, but then how should I do ??

The best is to replace the device!

Unless you are really good at electronics, you could do the modification yourself but you would probably have a problem of space in the case.

The other solution would be to replace the lamp with a halogen or add a small 5 or 10 watt lamp to it.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/12/09, 18:26

What reference of the detector? isn't this a model without neutral?
If this is the normal case that it does not work with a compact fluorescent lamp. You need a small resistive load in parallel with the lamp so that the detector has a "clean" neutral to operate (see accessory "CHR3W" from Yokis)
0 x
treker
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by treker » 02/12/09, 09:48

Alain G wrote:
treker wrote:possible, but then how should I do ??

The best is to replace the device!

Unless you are really good at electronics, you could do the modification yourself but you would probably have a problem of space in the case.

The other solution would be to replace the lamp with a halogen or add a small 5 or 10 watt lamp to it.

I'm fine, if I have the solution I could implement it :)

no I want to keep my lamppost (brand new) and get to put my compact fluorescent in it and it will come on with the Legrand Celiane detector.
0 x
treker
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by treker » 02/12/09, 09:54

Forhorse wrote:What reference of the detector? isn't this a model without neutral?
If this is the normal case that it does not work with a compact fluorescent lamp. You need a small resistive load in parallel with the lamp so that the detector has a "clean" neutral to operate (see accessory "CHR3W" from Yokis)

yes it works without neutral because I have replaced several simple inter and come and go in the house. It works very well with 50w spotlights in the false ceiling of the kitchen but the compact fluorescent, a real misery. Where can I find this charge? to install how? at the level of the lamp?

Thank you for your help,

trekker
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 02/12/09, 12:17

it can be found at a wholesaler of electrical equipment (Rexel, CGE, etc ...)
it mounts in parallel to the lamp (in the socket in your case)
Can you give the reference of the detector that I look in the catalog what they recommend vis-à-vis the compact fluorescent. (maybe have an equivalent of this resistive charge)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 02/12/09, 12:27

If it is a reference 670 91 or 670 96 it still looks bad. Nowhere in the manual do they speak of compatibility with CFLs and do not offer any accessories to ensure this compatibility.
In addition they specify that the minimum power of the lamp is 40W

It won't cost much to try with the Yokis accessory that I mentioned, but I'm still pessimistic about the validity of this solution.
0 x
treker
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by treker » 02/12/09, 14:46

Forhorse wrote:If it is a reference 670 91 or 670 96 it still looks bad. Nowhere in the manual do they speak of compatibility with CFLs and do not offer any accessories to ensure this compatibility.
In addition they specify that the minimum power of the lamp is 40W

It won't cost much to try with the Yokis accessory that I mentioned, but I'm still pessimistic about the validity of this solution.

Great, I found a distributor near my home. I'm going to hang it. I do not have the ref of the Legrand motion detector but it is the one with the on and off buttons and detector in the middle. It is given for 400W max. It works in detector or single inter mode.
I will indeed place my CHR3W in the socket or directly in the lamp (foot or near the bulb). As soon as I have this, this weekend surely, I will keep you informed, it will interest others surely.

trekker
0 x