Fluorescent lighting low consumption: danger or not?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.

Fluo-compact lighting for or against

The poll expired on 16 / 10 / 09, 16: 25

I am for
100%
I'm against
no votes
no votes

Total votes: 1
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Fluorescent lighting low consumption: danger or not?

by caracole » 16/09/09, 16:25

There is a good chance that this subject will make the hairs of some people stand on end here, but I run the risk of being banished.
First know that I am in favor of energy savings when they are really justified.

I read somewhere that the 100W bulbs (maybe also those above) would be removed from the market in France?
Who got this great idea? you know it better than me certainly ... In France we have ideas, where there was a 100w some clever will put 2 of 50w! or 75w + 75w or more !!
Where is the energy saving?
Well, we're going towards (we say) a disappearance of incandescent lamps ( notice to collectors start to set aside ) for the benefit of (I simplify) non-incandescent lighting, that is to say fluorescent, which is less energy-hungry and that it lasts longer, etc. etc ... do you really believe it?
I am not entirely convinced.

Have you ever seen what's in the belly of a simple filament bulb? not much really, it's Edisonian sumplicity.
Have you had the curiosity to see what a "fluorescent" energy-saving lamp is made of? It's high technology! there are electronics inside, not to mention the tube with its interior coating made of harmful products! When I was little (it's been over 60 years) I was told to be careful not to cut yourself with a fluorescent tube, it's dangerous (cancer causing Brrr) and above all, don't break the tube etc ... Pt 'be well that we were not quite wrong at that time.

Where are we going to shoot these new lamps? certainly not in the glass containers! we will have to recycle (sic) all this shit ... how? who thought about it?

I just discovered on the canvas an interesting document and, I did not even take the time to see if we talk about it in this forum but, after what I read here boulesteix.blog.lemonde.fr/2009/07/02/ampoules-fluo-compactes-entre-racket-et-aberration-technologique/, I seriously begin to ask myself serious questions on the subject...:

The debate is open...

Pierre, Spain
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.
Linux is the opposite ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/09/09, 16:36

I don't see why you would be banned if you say things that make sense, which is the case.

Personally, I have already written several letters to the authorities in my city to point out this state of affairs, but it does not change: still no specialized container at the container park: I even met an employee there who told me. referred to "bulky household items" with my eco lamps. However, there is a container for fluorescent tubes. Find the mistake !

Nuance: so far, only the traditional 100 watts has been withdrawn from the market, you can still find in the same format halogens of the same power, or even higher, whose performance is better.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/09, 17:27

Pfff you are not fed up?

a) It's intoxication! : Evil: Here are 2 videos that delnoram has made itself : https://www.econologie.com/ondes-electro ... -4132.html

Make measurements yourself! It changes parrots from the net who relay poisons without checking anything !! : Evil:

When a headline says "the truth" beware ...

b) It has already been widely discussed here for example: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-lampes ... t4109.html

For these 2 reasons, I suggest locking this subject ... what do you think?

Interested readers will use the search engine: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

This subject has been treated and reprocessed ...

Are you afraid of magnetic pollution? So rather look at this: https://www.econologie.com/pollution-mag ... -4134.html
and this: https://www.econologie.com/ondes-magneti ... -3832.html

But we don't talk about this pollution, more serious than that of lighting! ASK WHY !!

ps: the ban is EUROPEAN in Spain it must be too ...
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 09 / 09, 17: 58, 2 edited once.
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 16/09/09, 17:32

I knew there would be at least one that would pull my ears ...
0 x

caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 16/09/09, 17:40

Christophe wrote:ps: the ban is EUROPEAN in Spain it must be too ...

I do not know I have not seen anything on the subject in Spain, anyway I use the lamps that suit me when I want, as I want.
Sorry to have flayed Christophe's sensitivity (...)
No problem for locking the subject, I suggest a lot of cleaning on this site for example the Pub, there are too many and too much pub, it kills the pub ....
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/09, 17:42

My reasons are valid ... it's not a question of wiggling the ear ... it has been debated dozens of times! So follow the links I gave above ... full stop!

You will also test this: https://www.econologie.com/calculateur-ampoules.html

The only real problem with compact fluorescent is the end of life if the collection / recycling is not done correctly ... but it is not worse than other electronic devices or household appliances ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/09/09, 18:10

1) Agree to close: discussed elsewhere

2) Recycling: these bulbs are collected in all the stores that sell them (in all those where I make purchases, I saw the container at the entrance), not in the recycling centers (I speak for France). Indeed, we must take the trouble to recycle them. But it is also necessary to recycle the batteries, the draining oils, compost organic waste if possible, etc ... Will we remove all the engines? the lawns?

3) Question of waves: it is specific to circuits - and not to compact fluorescents. So also ban microwaves, all transformers ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/09/09, 18:11

Christophe wrote:
but it's not worse than other electronic devices or household appliances ...

If, a little, because of the mercury vapors in the tube ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/09, 18:14

Thank you Didi! 1 + 2 + 3 = everything is said!

Please confirm my opinion that I summarized at the beginning of September here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post139105.html#139105

I lock this topic.

ps: there are also dangerous heavy metals in other electrical equipment ... between a TV and a fluorescent bulb thrown wildly in the "forest" I do not know which one is really the worst ...
0 x