New misuse of EDF, guarantee deposit of 1800 € HT?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
PHOENIX93
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

New misuse of EDF, guarantee deposit of 1800 € HT?

by PHOENIX93 » 25/08/09, 18:36

Hello,
I am new to this forum, which seems super trendy to me, new tech !!! I am seduced !!!
I am in a fight with EDF, because as part of our contract renewal (yellow company tariff) EDF imposes a guarantee deposit of € 1.800 excluding VAT, because we had late payments (we pay by check and the most big delay is 5 clear days) !!!
First of all I wanted to know if anyone has already encountered the problem and if he has found a solution?
And on the other hand, I asked myself the question, why launch a public loan, since they take us from guaranteed deposits (without interest remuneration) ????
Thank you for your feedback !!
0 x
Fred B.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/08/09, 18:49

1) well ... they hold you by the c ...... Can't you change supplier?

2) oh the French and their checks .... We in Belgium have no more checks (or almost), we do everything by electronic transfer over the Internet, the supplier or the worker is credited the next day (or the day even if it is in the same bank). The account is debited right away: no tedious bookkeeping, no check that is slow to cash. How happy are we!

(and for those who do not have internet, there is phone-banking)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/09, 19:01

Huh? What is this bullshit? I have never heard of a security deposit of such an amount ... is it just legal?

For 5 days of delay it is nonsense to ask for a deposit of 1800 € HT?!? On the cash side, are they really on the teeth in France (is it sarkoze or what?)?

A little Franco-Belgian anecdote that will make the French hallucinate: this year at the end of May, despite the paper received, I forgot to pay my motorcycle insurance (the paper was entered under other paper ... you know how it goes eh!)

2 weeks ago I took out the bike and took a doubt I checked if I had paid, no trace that the payment was made: a priori I therefore forgot.

So I called the insurance fissa to apologize and say that I was going to pay immediately (more than 2 months late anyway!) And I ask anyway if I was still insured (since the turn I wanted to do it ...).

The lady opposite: "Yes you are still assured no problem, it's nothing and we have not yet sent you the reminder ..."!

Crazy isn't it? In France, if you do not pay an insurance within the deadline, you have a registered letter of formal notice within 7 days and above all your insurance is terminated fissa! Just if they don't call a bailiff ... In Belgium, after 2 months of forgetting, RAS and you're still covered!

Ah Belgium, we also love it for that! Isn't it Elephant? : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/08/09, 19:14

Yes, my son having studied in France for 7 or 8 years, I realized that the main concern of the French is "regulations" (to use their terminology.)

Apart from that, your lady is too kind: the legal period of coverage after due date in Belgium is 2 months, to the day. Of course, if they had not raised you, it is also their fault, but it would be necessary to plead ... the absence of recovery does not cancel the debt.

If the Madam is from the company itself, that's OK, but if it's your agent or broker, she'd better go back to class ....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/09, 19:18

No, no broker.

Ok for the 2 months (now I know it) so she was probably going to relaunch (it was early August so with the holidays ...), in France it's not 2 months ... it's 2 days. ..no 2 hours : Mrgreen:

After this deadline, you're a criminal ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/08/09, 20:46

Usually 15 days-3 weeks: follow-up by letter
4-6 weeks, recommended, for you to take things seriously ...
here, 2 months without a reminder letter, it's NOT serious!
0 x