Econology on Twitter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Econology on Twitter

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 08:10

Apparently Twitter has become "ze trendy thing" to be "known" on the net ... (with fessebook where we decided not to go for different reasons, see discussion here). Moué I ask to see and who tries nothing has nothing ...

This morning I registered on Twitter, so I would put the main topic of interest of these forums and here are the results: http://twitter.com/econologie

Hi hi hi kikoolol kom it's phun ^^ Pffff ... : Cheesy:

Well the "interesting" principle is that each member of twitter (a twit?) Can subscribe to the news of another and receive information by email or even by SMS (I have not yet understood if it was paying or not ... I presume so?) ...

It can be not bad in the context of the asso you think?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 09:42

Here I added the "tweet" function to forums, 1er icon on the left below the title of the subject:

And when we click on this icon it gives this (I can change the "I am discussing on ..." which appears at the origin but you can also edit it):

Then, by clicking on update, it appears in the "listing":

The link appears in the form of a truncated link because it is a bit long, I think it is 20 to 30 characters max. For example with the link of the home of forums it works without truncation:

There you go, there are a lot of trivia on Twitter but I think it's a good tool to make us known (when we have a "network") and that it's a lot, a lot, less intrusive because less "personal" than facebook ...

Europe Ecology is also on Twitter (on facebook also I presume): https://twitter.com/europeecologie
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/08/09, 10:24

I started to see

now I "follow" you :D
we'll see
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 10:26

Yeah my 1er disciple! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Ah, but you were already registered little secretive! http://twitter.com/Capt_Maloche

You have chicks who follow you say so!
http://twitter.com/Capt_Maloche/followers

Ah, unless they are spammers?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 10:35

Ah I think I understood: you registered in a lot of "groups" by default, it must come from the spammers ...

Otherwise about SMS, apparently it's free but for now at home (France, Belgium ...) we can only emit. That is to say create a remote twit.

So send 1 sms to twitter is free but I do not know if the receipt of SMS (sent by twitter so) will be ...

Twitter with SMS

Sending tweets while you're away from your computer makes things much more interesting.

It's all done through text messages (aka "SMS"), which you probably use all the time anyway, so there's not much to learn.

Twitter does not charge anything for this, but standard text messaging rates or bundles may apply from your carrier.

If you use your mobile in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada or New Zealand you can also receive tweets via SMS. You can text "OFF" to stop receiving and "ON" to start again.

But also noted:

It's okay for Twitter to send txt messages to my phone. Standard rates apply.

Brief mystery ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 10:50

Damn I think I also have my 1er follow spammer!

Pfff it's viral this thing! :|
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 13/08/09, 10:51

Well, well me too, I'm Christophe ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 10:53

Ah cool, it's the beginning of glory : Mrgreen: (but I do not see you yet, what's your nickname?)

By cons I received no notification email of new follower, it's normal?

Otherwise I added a 2ieme Twitter icon at the top right of forums: Image

It points to a creation of tweets (like the icon on the subjects).

I was wondering if making it point to "my" twitter page would not make more sense ... and therefore would not duplicate that of the subjects ...

What do you think? :?:
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 13/08/09, 11:02

Christophe wrote:Ah cool, it's the beginning of glory : Mrgreen:

By cons I received no notification email of new follower, it's normal?

Well no, but I do not know if the emails are sent in real time.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 11:05

Uh I still do not see you in my followers, are you sure that you have "validated"?

For the email I received 1 Notif from Maloche MP, that's all ...
0 x