Huge electric conso or not?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Huge electric conso or not?

by Arthur_64 » 03/05/09, 16:37

I take stock of the history of my electric consos.

We live in 2 in a T1, large main room of 26.84m², only heated to 18 ° maximum (rarely more).
The kitchen is not heated and overlooks the bathroom, heated by fan only when necessary. The partition between the kitchen and the bathroom is open at the top for 1m. The kitchen has two windows, one to the south with an old wooden roller shutter (c), the other to the west without a shutter!

The main room is opened to the S by two large French windows over 2m high and 1.4m wide.

The building is old and very poorly insulated, air passing everywhere.

The total area (room + bathroom + kitchen, without including cupboards) is 33.39m².
Everything is electrically heated, oil bath since this year, rotten conveter before. Electric kitchen (posable induction hob + multifunction oven since December, microwave only before).

Here are my annual drinks:

Year Conso (kw / h) kwh / m²
2005 4454 133,39
2006 3911 117,13
2007 4283 128,27
2008 4510 135,07

It seems huge to me :(, What do you think ?

Ah, yes, a little graphic:

0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 03/05/09, 16:45

A little promo auto :D but I think it is suitable. You should enter your data on Kyot-home and compare with the others or the objective of France:

http://www.kyot-home.com/

You must register in the box participate on the right.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 03/05/09, 17:49

nonoLeRobot wrote:You must register in the box participate on the right.

Done.

Well, I'm not above the targets, but hey ...

We're not going to be satisfied with that! I had already turned the night before, now everything is on switch, like that to review the hidden consos.

I only have fluorescent bulbs, but cheap, I will take better quality ones.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/05/09, 18:01

Heating included, you would be really wrong to complain: the hot water of a family of 4 already represents around 3650 KWh per year!
And you, you heat (and if you lived with my wife or my daughter, they would have been gone long ago!)
Last edited by elephant the 03 / 05 / 09, 18: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 03/05/09, 18:03

By comparing on the net, I see that it's really not that important :D ...

Okay, we're going to keep trying to bring it down anyway!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/05/09, 23:14

Hello

Complain not in winter the Quebecois houses well insulated, the consumption is 120kwh per day in general in two winter months that gives me a consumption of 7500kwh
we don't live in the same place.

Andre
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 04/05/09, 11:09

Hello André,

I suspect that I am well off compared to many. Being in the South West of France is not for nothing!

What infuriates me, and gives me a bad perception of my consumption I think, is heating a colander! It annoys me to see all this heat go, wasted.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/09, 16:08

4000 kWh is what we also consume with us for a single house: without heating but with 2 offices (work at home).

2000 kWh heating included per person is therefore frankly correct!

If you were able to distinguish the heating from the rest you could see in which slice of DPE you are.

Let's say that if 60% of your consumption = heating + DHW, you would have:

4000 * 0.6 * 2.58 / 33.39 = 185 kWH EP / m² ... oh yes it's a lot but it's not "so bad" for electric heating (coefficient of 2.58 to be corrected) ...at the loss level (without this coef.) it's even rather good: you would be at 72 kWH / m².year, very few housing get there !!

What condition is your hot water tank in? Can the overconsumption come from there? What is his instruction?

ps: try to set the ordinate scale to 0 in your comparison, it will be less "scary" ...

reps: for quality fluorescent bulbs (it is the only and right purchase decision to make) we offer some high quality models on our shop if that tells you, economic and LED bulbs
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 04/05/09, 16:49

Christophe wrote:4000 kWh is what we also consume with us for a single house: without heating but with 2 offices (work at home).

2000 kWh heating included per person is therefore frankly correct!

If you were able to distinguish the heating from the rest you could see in which slice of DPE you are.

Let's say that if 60% of your consumption = heating + DHW, you would have:

4000 * 0.6 * 2.58 / 33.39 = 185 kWH EP / m² ... oh yes it's a lot but it's not "so bad" for electric heating (coefficient of 2.58 to be corrected) ...at the loss level (without this coef.) it's even rather good: you would be at 72 kWH / m².year, very few housing get there !!

I would have to look at the off-peak hours ration (00H-08H) on the total, because the water heater is 85% easy at these times, I would have a good estimate for the DHW.

But we only heat during the day, between getting up and 20 p.m. maximum, intermittently (looking at the thermometer to try not to go past 18 °, which we do not always reach). So I think that either it is because we heat little, or that I have a bad apprehension of the insulation (considering the air which passes between the windows, I believe not).

Christophe wrote:What condition is your hot water tank in? Can the overconsumption come from there? What is his instruction?

Here is a cow of good question! The look of the water heater is placed in the wardrobe and is 40cm by 40cm. The water heater is 50 cm deep behind the manhole. In the middle of the look in front of the water heater, there is the sewage pipeline from the apartment above! Very convenient to see anything. I couldn't even see how the temperature was set, even with the phone's camera at arm's length.
In short, with the visual I was able to have, it looks in good condition!

Christophe wrote:ps: try to set the ordinate scale to 0 in your comparison, it will be less "scary" ...

Arf I didn't even notice that OpenOffice had given me an origin like that, shame on me!

Christophe wrote:reps: for quality fluorescent bulbs (it is the only and right purchase decision to make) we offer some high quality models on our shop if that tells you, economic and LED bulbs

It is planned, not this month because I have a lot of expenses. The PM230 is eyeing me too ...
0 x