Waterless urinal

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Waterless urinal

by the middle » 30/04/09, 07:37

Hello,
: Cheesy: As we talk about toilets, these days, here is another good info.
Recently I stopped on a French motorway parking, to refuel ... oil, and also a small drain of waste water.
What was not my surprise to relieve myself in urinals that do not smell, that do not use a drop of water, and no chemicals for odors. : Shock:
Finally I found the material on the internet:
http://www.sanitec.fr/urimat/urimat.html
I think that's the one there
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/04/09, 07:49

This kind of gear has been in use in Germany for some time. But, there must be something: normally when you pee on a wall, there ends up being a deposit: "non-wetting" plastic, special cleaner? the site is silent on this point.
Rinse by the quantity. In my opinion, this kind of application must be limited to big flows, like highway areas.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 30/04/09, 08:49

In my opinion, this kind of application must be limited to big flows, like highway areas.

Yes, certainly, and it must make M water cubes saved.
Now they only have to put a heat exchanger to heat the premises of the free toilets :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/04/09, 10:02

Yes, it's really good, I recommend it to all communities

The mac Do for example are equipped with it, more and more hotels and public toilet blocks

Sponge cleaning is enough for maintenance
Waterless urinal systems do not require water by simple siphon action. These urinals do not compromise in any way or even use. The surface of these urinals is smoother than glass. It is also coated with a gel that ensures the immediate emptying of the urine. The special biodegradable fluid prevents odors from spreading and allows the urine to leave naturally. This fluid should only be renewed two to four times in a year depending on the use.

The advantages of using these urinals are multiple

* No water consumption and associated costs
* Very low cleaning cost
* No urinal rinsing mechanism problems
* Clean and odorless environment
* No bacteria (no stagnant water)
* Minimal maintenance
* Worries for sustainable development, ecological and water saving

when will the "girls" version :D

Otherwise there is this: DRY TOILETS http://ec-eau-logis.over-blog.net/article-5769433.html (Toilet Biomaitrisée Litter)
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/09, 10:47

Urinal without water? I have the same at home: our garden :) : Cheesy:
1 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/04/09, 13:24

Same as except that mine is a beech of 80 years .Apparament ca
Suits it since it is 2 X bigger than the other beams
Of the alee who nevertheless makes 500 m.
I would point out that the previous tenants did the same.
Which probably explains the good health of the tree.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/04/09, 13:32

Excellent fertilizer: for a few months, my dog ​​was always pissing at the feet of the garden table. The grass grew faster and faster.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/04/09, 13:35

That's it, I have the answer to my question:

The surface of these urinals is smoother than glass. It is also coated with a gel that ensures the immediate emptying of urine
0 x
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Waterless urinal

by futuranat » 30/04/09, 13:40

Hello, I join the conversation because I find it interesting ... but how much does this device cost? And is easy to install?

please
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/04/09, 13:51

Rabbit wrote: . This probably explains the good health of the tree.

It was funny, I always said that the urine was not very good for plants, but it would seem that not: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipi#Engrais

Urea present in the urine contains 60 80% of the nitrogen contained in our droppings. Thanks to the action of an enzyme naturally present, the urease, the nitrogen contained in the urea is transformed spontaneously into ammonia and nitrates in a few hours.

Urine is therefore an excellent source of nitrogen for plants and an excellent accelerator for compost [4]. Formed by the indirect combination of deamination byproducts (2 NH 3 molecules) and cellular respiration (1 2 CO molecule), urea is much less toxic than ammonia.

Some gardeners therefore use urine as a fertilizer with a concentration of a volume of urine for 10 at 20 volumes of watering water on plants and flowers during the growing period; Undiluted, the urine would burn the roots of many species.

Super! I will go pissing in my compost bin : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^