Water recovery using the Peltier effect

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
MARCANT
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Water recovery using the Peltier effect

by MARCANT » 13/02/09, 15:57

Hello / good evening, I am a student in 1st year in IUT GMP (mechanical and production engineering), and within the framework of studies, we must carry out a tutored project of our choice, being interested in ecology, we would like to recover the water included in the air (condensation in a way) but this in arid countries and in need.

Our teachers strongly advised us to use the Peltier effect, allowing to create cold, allowing condensation, therefore obtaining water.

To this is added a problem, or even more, the need for electrical energy to power the device, the quantity (we are thinking of solar panels) and how much Peltier it would take to be able to recover a sufficient quantity of water.

As you can see, this is still a draft internship and we are taking advantage of the long awaited holidays :) ) to move forward in the project.

So by this subject, I would like to know your opinions, your reproaches, and your advices for the progress of this project, we do not really know the Peltier devices, and your help would be invaluable.

Hoping for answers, and not having was too vague, I wish you a good day

bye
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/02/09, 16:23

I sold compressed air dryers for several months and know a little about dew point. It seems a little crazy to me, because I think that the yield amount of water extracted / amount of energy is not going to be huge.
I would like to point out that there have already been successful experiences with large plastic sheeting stretched between two stakes which collect dew in the early morning, gratis pro deo energy question.

Anyway, I think the first thing to know is the usual dew point of the air in these regions. If you manage to bring the temperature of a surface down below this dew point, it will work.
1 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 13/02/09, 16:25

I saw advertising for a box that offers air water recovery modules but it was using conventional circuit heat pump / fridge which I think have a much better performance than the modules peltier (I would have to find the name)
on the other hand the peltiers have no moving part so no maintenance.
1 x
Click my signature
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/02/09, 16:31

yes, in fact, no need for a very expensive special machine: it is the principle of action of the air dehumidifier that we use in the building (which is basically the same as refrigerated compressed air dryers , except that the section is very large and the pressure small)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 13/02/09, 17:10

Bonjour,

see also on the side of the association Opur ..

http://www.opur.u-bordeaux.fr/fr/index_fr.htm

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 13/02/09, 17:15

: Cheesy: Fremen : Cheesy:
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
MARCANT
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MARCANT » 18/02/09, 10:50

Hello, I understand that the dew bridge would consume less in terms of energy than the Peltier device, but the concern is that it is not very "Mechanical" in terms of a tutored project for mechanical students :D , we will still think about it because we don't care about our Peltier Effect! Talk to the electricity teacher, maybe buy a small Peltier plate to make a model

To think about, thank you for your answers and have a nice day

bye
0 x
urban fields
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Water recovery using the Peltier effect

by urban fields » 30/11/21, 14:17

Hello,

It's been a few years since your post was published, but I would like to know if your Peltier effect system has been successful in collecting water?
I have an association based on environmental needs and this solution interests me a lot.
thank you for your reply
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/11/21, 18:46

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert