Equip generators weight machines

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Equip generators weight machines

by boubka » 17/01/09, 11:47

maybe others thought about it :?: or even we do?
it's still a shame to spend so much muscle energy without recovering it ... would be just to ensure the energy self-sufficiency of sports halls : Idea:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/01/09, 13:35

Not only in the gym, at home too to fill the chimney ...

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 17/01/09, 13:36

Excellent idea, we can only advise the manufacturers of this kind of devices and in sports halls.
The only problem is that both have to adapt at the same time ... Generators on machines for manufacturers, and battery-inverter-connection system for rooms ...

There are several projects that offer to recover tiny parts of muscle energy (piezoelectric tiles on sidewalks etc); it would be more logical to focus first on the energy voluntarily produced by people!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/01/09, 14:15

Flitox :D

: Idea: I remember that when I was 13, I launched myself into a pedal saw bench ...

--

Anyway, it works, but it takes a little more time ...
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 17/01/09, 16:25

Boubka wrote: maybe others thought about it or even did it?
It already exists in the state of Oregon, USA:

Portland, Oregon - (...) At the Green Microgym, human energy will be harnessed from fitness bikes and converted to electricity (...) - OregonLive

It's a concept that works very well; other greenmicrogym will open.

See also the electric car convertible into a gym module:

- GYM Electric Car is battery powered, but can also be recharged by integrated exercise equipment (...) - EV World

0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/01/09, 18:49

Beautiful car.

But who must stink of sweat.

:D
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 17/01/09, 18:57

gegyx wrote:Beautiful car.

But who must stink of sweat.

:D

Yes it must stink;)
That said it is equipped with a sunroof;
It's just a concept; personally I do not find it at all excellent.

On the other hand, producing electricity in the Gym (Oregon), I find it nice.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/01/09, 21:31

I was today at the GA of Mobil'Eco and the creator of the site methanol stack. I told him of my desire to switch to assisted velomobile or fitness car.
He told me that the fitnesscar was, according to him, a false good idea, a machine less efficient than a conventional Electric Vehicle. :?

More surprisingly, he told me that the idea that the cyclist emits less CO2 than an EV is also a misconception and that the "human machine" would have a deplorable performance and CO2 emissions from the well to the tip of the toe would be appalling. :frown:

That said, recovering a little energy while exercising, even if it is anecdotal, is always a step in the right direction, that of becoming aware of energy issues ...

When we generate energy, we organize ourselves to know how much and therefore how to use it ...
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 17/01/09, 21:33

citro wrote: More surprisingly, he told me that the idea that the cyclist emits less CO2 than an EV is also a misconception and that the "human machine" would have a deplorable performance and CO2 emissions from the well to the tip of the toe would be appalling. :frown:

That an electric vehicle, I do not believe (whatever, if the electricity is wind or solar ... to see); but an easyglider (electric) or a bikeboard (electric), yes.

This is exactly the conclusion I came to in the discussion of horse performance.
It starts at the bottom of this page:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-voiture ... 3-170.html (and this continues 3 pages later)

For humans (I assume that the skeletal muscle of humans has properties comparable to that of horses):

"between 20 and 25% of chemical energy is transformed into mechanical energy for very high level athletes"
http://www.planete-energies.com/contenu ... ction.html
But beware: this involves transformation by the muscle of biomolecules which have been synthesized previously.
The overall balance is weaker. For example, the synthesis of glycogen, a polymer of glucose (Glycogenogenesis) consumes energy (Uridine TriPhosphate, UTP).

We come back to the agro-biofuel impasse. The horse consumes a lot of biomass and water.

0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/01/09, 22:01

: Arrow: In fact it's worse than that because "human fuel" from the well to the stomach is catastrophic in terms of polluting emissions for cultivation, transport, processing, preservation and culinary preparation. : Shock:
A large part of the raw materials we consume come from other continents and this is worse for meats since animals for slaughter need to be fed ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"