Low Power Modem?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Low Power Modem?

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/12/08, 09:53

I searched with "modem" on the search engine (search ... so) and I did not find.
I allow myself to ask a question
Is there a modem (without telephone connection) which consumes little and which of course does ADSL? : roll:
I would like to transfer the option tel and resume the FT subscription to avoid consuming about 20 W for my modem router which runs about 12 h / day = 240 W / month = 2,880 KWh / year especially that it is necessary to add a such fixed wireless (so consumption in +)
In the future search for empowerment of my electrical devices, I must turn what is ultimately unnecessary ...
please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/08, 10:07

Uh I don't know how you calculate but 12 hours a day at 20W it's been

20 * 12 * 365 = 87500 Wh = 87,5 kWh per year.

In terms of primary energy (coef of 2.58) it represents 22.5 L of fuel oil, enough to make about 400 km by car.

Astonishing but true ...
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 12 / 08, 10: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 19/12/08, 10:25

Personally I put a programmable plug on my freebox adsl, it runs only from 18pm to midnight on weekdays, and a little longer on weekends.
As the answering machine is managed directly on the free line, we can still leave you a message.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/12/08, 10:26

yes actually I took the number of months instead of the number of days / year as elsewhere the consumption per month is 7,2 Kwh / month instead of the few W previously announced .... Image

maybe X km with this consumption, what I see is that it is difficult (and expensive) to produce 1 Watt, so when it is about 87Kwh ....

On the other hand, there is very little offer for such alone (if not at a fairly expensive cost (except telecom budget).

In addition, I no longer want my operator's answering machine: it works poorly and is private, so it doesn't have to be in the hands of some, but only of myself.
0 x
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 19/12/08, 10:39

Then you will have an answering machine that will be on all the time.

It's up to you to make a choice : Cheesy:

If you have fixed presence schedules, my solution can serve you even on a modem without a phone.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/12/08, 10:53

candas1 wrote:Then you will have an answering machine that will be on all the time.

It's up to you to make a choice : Cheesy:

If you have fixed presence schedules, my solution can serve you even on a modem without a phone.

uh! you know that there are 2 differentiated (remember the K7 in the answering machine)? and therefore put the answering machine when you leave.
The one I have is all in one, but you can avoid plugging in the answering machine, on the other hand you have to wait 5 seconds before dialing the phone number.
So there is a choice not to consume : Cheesy:
0 x
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 19/12/08, 11:01

I mean that in one case you have an answering machine but which consumes nothing, that of the operator.
In your case, even if it is only the answering machine, it is still connected.
After we nitpick, the answering machine consumes almost nothing if it is, it should be checked.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/12/08, 11:15

the simple answering machine consumes via the transformer, an LED and its operation in the event of a call.
Where it pisses me off is the fact that the answering machine of an operator can be listened to by individuals other than those really concerned and this principle gets out of my way, especially at the time of the pseudo security in which we are currently lulled and which "justifies" this smell of relant of Vichy.
A word : Wink:
0 x
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 19/12/08, 11:23

What makes you say that someone else can listen to it? the fact that it is centralized?

Personally I receive messages from the answering machine by email, I can listen to them from work, it's practical.
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 19/12/08, 11:41

1 / emails are easily recoverable
2 / knowing that this type of answering machine is digital, nothing could be simpler, especially since you are not responsible for the device that records
3 / now that it is listened to by another it is not general, but seen as it stinks now I want to free myself from this thing (besides I do not force anyone to do the same).
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"