Recover electricity for lighting

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
kheraud
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recover electricity for lighting

by kheraud » 11/12/08, 21:59

Hello,
I am not a longtime econologist, just a little beginner. But, by my origins (country AND Charente), I have innate talents: p.

I seek to ensure the lighting of my apartment only in recovered energy. I would like to be able to recover (green) energy, store it (why not in non-chemical form), then use it.

The avenues that I seek to exploit for energy recovery are:
- Put fittings on the taps because there is really a surplus of pressure.
- Make a small balcony wind turbine.
- Use solar energy to run a stirling engine running a generator.

To store it, I don't have a lot of ideas, but chemical storage is expensive.
Do you have any ideas (kinetics, potential ...)?

What device would light an entire apartment?

As you will surely understand, I am mainly motivated by the hack and economy side. It would be simple to look at the offers for energy independence of isolated sites and to transpose them to my apartment. However, I do not have a roof (mine) or a large area. So I would like to make this device myself with recuperation or in-house manufacturing.

Thank you for your advice, criticism and help.

kheraud
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 11/12/08, 22:10

Welcome among us!

The balcony wind turbine seems a bit utopian to me!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/08, 00:02

Gregconstruct wrote:The balcony wind turbine seems a bit utopian to me!

What tact! And maybe not the rest? : Mrgreen:

Sorry to disappoint you kheraud, but you will gain a lot more by trying to consume less (better) than by trying to be independent ... something already difficult to access when you have a house and land in an apartment ... c 'I think mission impossible ...

For example: it has recently been calculated that recovering water from the sewer represents an extremely low energy ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/12/08, 09:26

friends are realistic but not nice.
we must not break the hopes of a new kid like that, suddenly, unceremoniously. : Cry:
we will try to round off the angles.
What I advise you is to make a quantified assessment (even approximate) of the energies that you consume in your apartment, of those that you can recover with such or such device and those that you can not spend.

I give you one or two examples:

electricity department:
- if you have ADSL, you have a box with a wireless telephone plugged into it and a PC. That makes you around 30W 24/24 in the expenditure column, i.e. 260kWh per year.
-you light an average of 5 eco 13W lamps for 5 hours per day (values ​​to estimate for your own case), that's about 100kwh per year
-etc

heating department, you have to see what you are heated to and see the potential savings. in an apartment, which is super effective, it is a strong reduction in absence. indeed, because of the important inertia of the building and the presence of other apartments which "isolate" from the outside, the lowering does not require too much power to return to the comfort temperature.

recovery side:
turbinate drinking water: let's say you consume 200m3 per year.
imagine that the distribution pressure is 8 bars (it is rarely more, and generally less)
imagine that you are installing a genial micro turbine with global efficiency (hydro-elec) = 100%, knowing that a tap generally delivers 15l / min you would have about a hundred W or 22kwh per year

keep on encrypting all your hypotheses, it's the best way not to get into useless stuff but on the other hand to find sources of savings that we had not thought of.
0 x
Click my signature
kheraud
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kheraud » 12/12/08, 09:55

Please set the record straight.

I will study other possibilities of energy recovery. But I do not despair !

The goal is to save money and tinker a little cool devices (optimize them, measure ...).

I will still try to recover energy from the tap.

Thank you for your advice
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 12/12/08, 14:06

Christophe wrote:What tact! And maybe not the rest? : Mrgreen:

Well i try to be a little less direct as i was asked : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 31/12/08, 14:47

I too am a tenant, but in the house, we have oil heating (yuck, but I didn't choose!)
so I started by changing my bulbs, we went from conventional bulbs to compact fluorescent, and now we slide, slowly towards the LEDs, and consume only 25% of the electricity allocated to lighting, something super important , because we work at home (I make a very special effort: work and live at home!)

we use our solar oven whenever it is possible and when it is not possible, we use it as a Norwegian cooking pot.

in my opinion, if you want to save money, and tinkering a little it's super simple to do, and you save no less cool (in addition you do not risk making your meal go upside down while you talk about the wind with the buddies !!! what happened to me yesterday! LOL!)

for lighting, there are also the nice little lamps found on the econology site that you charge in the sun during the day and which you use in the evening to light up the sink, the kid's room that reads or your office corner ! what is good is that the kid, he does not forget to recharge his lamp, unlike me !!!
0 x
covendis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to light your house with photovoltaic solar energy

by covendis » 17/01/09, 08:43

In order not to offend certain EDF managers or other electricity suppliers, the gesture to save the planet is to resell its electricity on their network.
That was just a joke !!!!!!!

Understand that YOU are investing in a facility that is uniquely dedicated to them. In this case, they just have to pay it to you in full, but here it is: why would they have to invest, when "pigeons" do it for them and in addition you will always pay your subscription with them : Shock:

The most VIABLE process is to invest either in your photovoltaic installation, with good home insurance.

A complete set for the proper functioning of your home (125m²) is undoubtedly the kit of 30 125w panels.
However, there is a slight modification to this:
all the lightest light bulbs in your home must be 12V compact fluorescent. the latter are as efficient as the 220V and your lighting network no longer requires inverters or converters (very energy-intensive)

From source on, your personal installation without connection to the EDF network will cost you less, because it does not imply certain architectural constraints imposed by the latter: the compulsory integration of your panels in the cover (and it will cost you very expensive in hand of work which, it should be known, is not taken into account in the calculation of the tax credit)

Now, to answer your question, if you want to "light up" your house, 3kits of 100w are more than enough, if you change your bulbs for equivalent 12V models, and if you do not live in "versaille" : Lol:
on average a 100w kit is on sale between 700 and 1000 euros (panel + regulator + 103Ah battery)
my website : www.covendis.eu
happy new year and be green
Jean Christophe
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How to light your house with solar photovoltaic energy

by dirk pitt » 17/01/09, 08:56

covendis wrote:my website : www.covendis.eu

do you see that !!!
0 x

Click my signature

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"