Eco-friendly dryer

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Sunflower
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Eco-friendly dryer

by Sunflower » 28/11/08, 11:27

Hello everyone.
I've been asking myself a question for a while
the principle of (wastage) drying of the linen, with a dryer.
At the moment I do not have such a device, so I am talking to you, DIYers or professionals.
Indeed I thought to replace the heating resistance by a water / air exchanger (for example one or more radiators inside the car). The hot water coming directly from the heating system (wood) central to the house.
I suppose that the heat provided by such an exchanger system is lower than that of an electrical resistance, the drying cycle would simply be lengthened.
What do you think?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 11:31

The only really eco-friendly tumble dryer is the clothesline ... And don't tell me: it doesn't work in an apartment!

We were all naked or in clever cradles before the marketing of these energetic crap of dry clothes?
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

DRYER

by tigrou_838 » 28/11/08, 11:41

hello as said by christophe, it is one more m * to consume a maximum.

the clothesline and completely econologically correct, if you also have solar heating with solar hot water for washing machines and dishes, it is little more econological.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 11:44

I honestly think that there is no photo between:

a) the energy consumption of a laundry room or small room which makes detergents dry 2 or 3 times a week and which must therefore be ventilated completely (humidity) at least 2 times per week

b) consumption of a dryer

Only here the dryer saves time to the housewife I think that is also why we find more and more ...

Energy is not expensive enough (my son!)
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

tumble dryer

by tigrou_838 » 28/11/08, 11:51

always agree with you christophe, even with the laundry, it has to go fast, and after people are forced to go see the doctor because of stress.

KOOL COOL RELAX.

take the time to live is to leave the time for the laundry to dry quietly without stress, it will thank you by lasting longer and being softer for your skin.

OOPSSSSSSS.

tigrou : Oops: Image
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 28/11/08, 12:05

I prefer to recommend the purchase of a washing machine which allows the laundry to be wrung out well (1200 spins for example). This shortens the drying time, the humidity in the apartment but also something that we often forget: the small energy cost when heating in winter and that a very damp cloth "eats" the precious calories while drying.
0 x
Sunflower
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sunflower » 28/11/08, 13:38

I do like you, laundry room with heating ... but the fact is that more and more people are teaming ... for them between the clothesline and the S.linge it is as if they were told n do not use your car take the bike to go to work at 50 km ... what I mean is that rather than going from one extreme to another we can make a compromise, trying to limit the consumption of electricity is for sure the environmental benefits are not as important but there are at least.
If cars consume less today it is good that we seek to compromise.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

tumble dryer

by tigrou_838 » 28/11/08, 14:00

hello christine, of course on the machine with maximum spin, it's so obvious that i didn't talk about it.

when I take the laundry out of the machine, it's already almost dry, and I still haven't plugged the radiator into the laundry room.

only the heat (solar) of the machine when it runs heats the laundry room between 15 / 18degrees (insulate well), enough to let the laundry calmly finish drying for a day or two.

laundry room ventilation = when I open the door to take out the laundry.

as I said above, you just have to give time to things and to life, as in the garden we give plants time to grow, let's do the same thing, and don't stress it out more than work.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
Last edited by tigrou_838 the 28 / 11 / 08, 14: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 14:01

Having a clothesline is not extremism ...

On the other hand, equip yourself with a tumble dryer because the girlfriend has one and that it is "practical" is pure and hard consumerism ...

I think we really lost the sense of common sense ...
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 28/11/08, 14:25

Hello,
when i arrived in my copro, i was asked to buy a dryer because the drying racks on the balcony are not beautiful : Shock:
I did not answer because the lady is (was the poor died) despite everything very nice, but in Marseille between the mistral and the sun it is really not justified ...
in summer I even avoid spinning the laundry is less wrinkled.
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)