Urban transport policy: think about 2 times

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Urban transport policy: think about 2 times

by elephant » 25/11/07, 14:57

Sometimes you have to think twice before adopting a policy or a solution. Witness, this reflection that I have just taken from Yahoo:

on the other hand I realize that some city (of the Grenoble type) who want to develop public transport (sure, good idea at the base!), deliberately degrades the voices of access to the city by car, and in fact, creates monster traffic jams in the mornings and evenings ... Except, hundreds of cars which are stuck between 30 and 60 minutes on average to make a journey of normally 10 minutes, pollute much more ... it's mathematical ... name of a simulated ecological policy ... the city degrades the well-being of people, and at the same time degrades more the atmosphere ... Poor urbanization strategy ...

Complementary personal reflection: and by reducing the number of parking spaces, we increase the congestion of cars seeking to park.
"we" really forget that there are people who do something other than 8-17 wisely sitting in an office or standing behind a counter: installers, convenience stores, doctors, consultants, delivery people
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/07, 15:05

Except, hundreds of cars that are stuck between 30 and 60 minutes on average to make a journey of normally 10 minutes

I'm sorry, but for a "10 minute drive" (not professional transport for 95% of cars) ... wouldn't it be worth choosing another means of transport? Cycling or walking style?

This observation (degradation of "private" traffic due to "public" transport) was also made when the tram in Strasbourg was put into service, still having priority over cars (red lights).
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/11/07, 18:47

In fact, most often, this trip is part of a larger trip, for example, coming from a village where there is a bus every 2 hours, not to mention that you may have to set off again for new adventures afterwards. the morning meeting or after having been dispatched and taken the spare parts for the interventions (or made the visits to the patients in the morning, or participated in the hearings of the morning, etc ...)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be