Fluorescent lamps source of electromagnetic fields

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Fluorescent lamps source of electromagnetic fields

by bham » 04/10/07, 09:31

Seen yesterday at TF20 JT 1h:
http://videos.tf1.fr/infos/media/jt/0,, ... tion-.html

Compact fluorescent bulbs would create electromagnetic fields between 0 and 30cm and especially on ignition, which could lead to headaches, difficulty sleeping well, etc.

Christophe, you will have to propose a measurer of electromagnetic fields in the shop because it is really relevant. : Cry: The standard is 28 volts / meter.

Edit by Christophe: all this is intoxication because the clever little ones who laid this "scoop" (thank you journalists for relaying the intoxication) have forgot to know that the dangerousness of a field in V / m was related to its frequency! But the frequency of GSM is much higher (2.5 Ghz) than those of fluorescent bulbs (50Hz or 100Hz). To know more: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/electr_e ... rec519.pdf or mirror link: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... AxM93H.pdf

If danger was there: where are the health studies? For mobile phones and asbestos, there are dozens. Fluorescent tubes have been used for more than 80 years.

Christophe wrote:Copy pasted from another subject:

north wrote:Hello everybody
Here is the link where he talks about this dangerousness, because as for the mobile phones, it is now proven.

1) It has nothing to do with the subject of the profitability of a fluo so if you want to talk about the waves do it here:
Compact fluorescent and electromagnetic waves

2) I took a look and nothing that this reflects their lack of knowledge of technology, this statement is simply anything, what overconsumption? That of the strater?

These guys do not know what a joule is to say this ... Comparing a "short duration" with "One hour" already proves their blatant lack of scientifism ... If their afformation was true, the current peaks at the ignition would be very important ... Their assertion is therefore pitiful ... no it's laughable !! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

3) By the way I hope you know that the French standard for GSM is still 28 V / m ... EVERYWHERE ... then we compare this value with the 9V / m measured at 0.3 m of a neon bulb to show than their accusations are simply fabulous and completely without comparative judgment.

Measure the field of your microwave in operation "just to see" ... I did it here: https://www.econologie.com/shop/detecteu ... p-143.html

4) LEDs instead of fluo? A sweet dream now.

I think that the author has never even bought a led bulb and measured its luminous efficiency EFFECTIVES to affirm this... Concerning the 100 000h of life it is simply a misleading assertion concerning because in the current state 99% of led light bulbs sold cramera widely before the 100 000h for the reasons evoked on this subject in particular: https://www.econologie.com/forums/eclairage-led-t4293.html

A led bulb to 22 € after about ten hours:

5) Where are the studies concerning harmful luminescent tubes? It's been 80 years that we use ... The GSM have already done more damage in 10 years ...

Conclusion: thank you for stopping to believe anything and especially find out before you really know the problem before relaying statements from people who do not master a subject... because it can even be dangerous of such behaviors ...

Edit November 2010:

Christophe wrote:The excerpt from a subsequent federal guide definitely closes this topic or I should say this intox.

Guide to 40 pages to download here: guide on electromagnetic pollution, standards, waves and health

So I do not want to hear about this poisoning here anymore. For the real scientific debate, we continue here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ondes-elec ... 10188.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/07, 13:10

I just processed an email about this:

Visitor wrote:Hello,

I read the following article about the dangers of low energy light bulbs in today's paper:

"The Center for Independent Research and Information on
electromagnetic radiation (Criirem) warned yesterday against the use of energy saving bulbs as bedside or desk lamps. The operation of these compact fluorescent bulbs, also known as low consumption lamps (LBC), can generate electromagnetic fields "not negligible up to a meter", according to Michèle Rivasi, president of Criirem, advising against their use near the head, as a bedside or work lamp, for example. "

What do you think ?

cordially

To which I replied:

Christophe wrote:Hello,

I was not aware of such research but at the sight of the number of dead insects between the tubes of our ampoules having worked a few months I suspected of such a fact. But 1 is already a reasonable distance, I think.

I think it would be interesting to discuss our forums:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/ (simply copied your message)

Are there any Criirem studies on microwave ovens or screens?
dishes?

See you soon
Christophe

ps: more reason to use LEDs on these posts :)
reps: 28 V / m it's a big matter what french ... some countries of the EU are already less than 4 ... for those interested in the subject:
https://www.econologie.com/video-telepho ... -2444.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/07, 13:25

After information we could have a field detector ... but magnetic ...

Measuring 1 to 10 mGauss, here is his description:

Detection of harmful electromagnetic fields from power lines, television and computer screens, microwave ovens, waterbeds, electric blankets, etc. Scientists believe that from a level of 2-3mG, these electromagnetic fields increase the risk of certain diseases such as cancer.

Indication by LEDs: 1, 3, 6 and 10mG

Offered for about 35 €. Edit: here it is: https://www.econologie.com/shop/detecteu ... p-143.html

The unit of measurement for EM fields is V / m or W / m² and not mG so I don't quite understand pkoi they say "electromagnetic".

Otherwise, I had Bouguyes Telecom take measurements when I was still with my parents and according to them a "real" electromagnetic field detector is worth around € 7000, here is one:

Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 09 / 08, 22: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 04/10/07, 13:51

Christophe wrote:Otherwise, I had Bouguyes Telecom take measurements when I was still with my parents and according to them a "real" electromagnetic field detector is worth around € 7000, here is one: .....

Ah well, it's a bit expensive!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/07, 13:53

Ben ... but it's pro diagnostic equipment too ...

So, do we control the field detector or not?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 04/10/07, 14:34

Christophe wrote:So, do we control the field detector or not?

Ben should know the relationship between W / m and mG.
On the other hand I find in an old catalog Conrad (2002), an electromagnetic pollution detector with 4 leds, 2 lower green and red top, it looks like what you describe. Personally I think it's a little gadget ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/07, 14:40

bham wrote:Ben should know the relationship between W / m and mG.

+1

bham wrote:On the other hand I find in an old catalog Conrad (2002), an electromagnetic pollution detector with 4 leds, 2 lower green and red top, it looks like what you describe. Personally I think it's a little gadget.

Toutafé but it's better than "nothing" to make a little diag ... I think Delnoram has one ... I'm going to ask him the question tonight ...

bham wrote:Otherwise, that's it, but it's not the same price obviously

Yes the detector is too expensive ... but the chip is not bad for the handyman ... I think that by connecting a multimeter can easily get the field in V / m ... you'll note that the also he speak of detector magnetic to measure a field electromagnetic...
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 04/10/07, 15:27

Hello,

Oh there ! we reframe SVP .....
For PRO devices see:
http://www.locadif.fr/fr/famille/MESURE ... ocadif.asp

For handymen and others there's a "trick" at elektor which measures the power from 0 to 1Ghz which will do the trick ......
Based on a specialized circuit from AMD ...

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 04/10/07, 15:57

At elektor there is an electrosmog assembly to detect electromagnetic polution, I do not remember if there is a level indicator
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
delnoram

by delnoram » 04/10/07, 17:06

Hello
I have this device

Electromagnetic detector (in Volt / Meter) and magnetic fields (in nanoTesla).

the problem is that with this device the fluorescent bulbs are not worse than the others, the reason is due to the fact that it measures only up to a frequency of 2kHz.

And for the same reason (higher frequency):
Christophe wrote:ps: more reason to use LEDs on these posts

siruses and other LED bulbs of this type (fed by a decoupage power supply at approximately 30kHz) also have electromagnetic radiation to be verified.

So be careful not to take anything in electromagnetic detector.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)