Nine green box?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Nine green box?

by Targol » 14/09/07, 09:57

I received this yesterday by email:

Needless to say, for my part, I had already extinguished this logo via the box's administration console, but I find that the initiative deserves to be welcomed: it is didactic and empowering.
Quite the kind of message that will eventually make people realize that global warming is not just the neighbors that are responsible for it.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/09/07, 18:36

Bonjour à tous

Energy saving question, if you have the FreeBox (V3), you can count it in heaters, it does 20W! : Evil:

Contrary to what the manual requests, I turn it off with the computer and it does not even delay me at startup. It synchronizes at the same time as the computer has finished starting. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Skytek
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Skytek » 16/09/07, 13:55

At Free, even if there is no luminous logo, we should think about introducing an economical "sleep" mode on Freeboxes.

I have a Freebox HD, there is actually a V5 box for ADSL + phone and an HD box for TV, they consume each more than 10W and the HD box is always hot!

So that the HD box does not crash when playing a video, some recommend putting it in an vertical position !!!

More than 20W 24/24 (we have to have at least 10W by keeping the ADSL box for the telephone line on), it's still exaggerated, it is still not so complicated to slow down the processor of the box HD when not in use for several hours!
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 12/10/07, 12:28

A first survey of 60 million consumers

ADSL "Box": stop wasting energy!
Two and a half months of production from a nuclear reactor: this is the electricity that French high-speed modems swallow up each year, according to our exclusive study. When will we see a little more eco-friendly "boxes"?

http://www.60millions-mag.com/page/bases.15_zoom.4_articles.32_adsl___les_box_au_banc_d_essai./
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/07, 12:59

0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"