12 - 230V converter and EDF network

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
batbat54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

12 - 230V converter and EDF network

by batbat54 » 16/08/07, 23:07

Hello,

I am asking myself a question about injecting electricity into the EDF network.

I just bought a small 12-230V converter from nearby 150W for my vacation and I was wondering if it was possible to inject this voltage directly into a single-phase EDF network?

Is this type of device able to synchronize with the EDF network?

Even if the performance of this type of material is very limited is it still possible?

In the idea to connect a solar panel on it and lower the EDF bill ...

Thank you for your lights

JM
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 17/08/07, 16:47

Hello,

No, a converter of this type cannot synchronize on the EDF network. In addition, it is possible that the signal produced only very vaguely resembles the sinusoid provided by EDF.
And above all, EDF does not like much that we inject into its network.
On the other hand, by adding an 12v battery to make a buffer storage, you can connect independent equipment to it (lighting of an annex room for example), which will reduce your EDF bill as much since this device will no longer consume on the network .
0 x
batbat54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by batbat54 » 17/08/07, 18:29

Thank you for your answer, indeed it is what I thought.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/08/07, 00:07

8) That said, there are materials that allow you to do what you describe.
A supplier of solar and wind equipment for individuals offered it to me a few years ago. The advantage is to eliminate investment in batteries for users connected to the network.

The circuit therefore comprises an alternating current generator of the “pure sine” type having an efficiency greater than 90% or even 95%. This generator is synchronized on the network and the injection into the network is cut off in the event of a power failure so as not to electrocute any EDF agents who may intervene on the line.
This type of installation can be done "quietly" (without declaring anything to EDF) if the old "banner wheel" meters are available.

I had already caused here
0 x