LED bulb or compact fluorescent for my home?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
didierr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

LED bulb or compact fluorescent for my home?

by didierr » 01/04/07, 17:17

Hello,

I have right now and recently Halogen 35W GU10 bulbs, and I have 8 in all for my ceiling lights, it is high time that I change all this given the consumption that it will give!

I hesitate between LEDs I saw on a known auction site 60 LEDs per bulb for roughly 10 euros a lamp, I went to Leroymer .. and I saw the same price for energy saving lamps you know with the bent tubes.

short, I wanted to know from you that it is better, which consumes the least for better white light rendering, because I think that longevity level is worth it.

thank you all

Didier : Idea:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 01/04/07, 20:01

Not a simple question at all, it depends on many parameters.
Duration of lighting (+ compact fluorescent), frequency of lighting (+ LEDs), light intensity, the LEDs are not too well placed, but compact fluorescent less than 10W either, in fact the less they consume their yields are Well.
So to give you an answer you should have tested and compared the 2 bulbs that interest you.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
didierr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by didierr » 01/04/07, 21:41

-long enough ignition time anyway a few hours for the evening

- frequency of ignition and good every evening too since they are in the kitchen and in the entrance

-a light intensity so a light strong enough to clearly see what we are eating;), I was rightly thinking and may be wrong that with a 60 led lad lamp above providing daylight, it would be enough knowing that these are luminaires with several bulbs 5 for the kitchen and 3 for the entrance.

-Compact fluorescents are often below 10W and this applies even more for LEDs which consume 4 W

so buy 2 to see: s

to see
0 x
Phiphib
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Phiphib » 11/04/07, 18:25

Hello,

In your case, as the lighting time is important, I would say that the compact fluorescent will be superior. The light intensity of the LEDs is still a bit tight.

I recently equipped a surface of 100 m² only with LEDs, it's nice but it's not lighting that allows you to do precision work for example. It rather gives a soft light, but not very intense.
0 x
didierr
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by didierr » 11/04/07, 22:36

yes apparently it's more complicated than I thought, I still bought a lamp:

Bulbs 220 V GU10 HIGH POWER EDISON color "LUMIERE DU JOUR" 13.95EUR

I should receive it soon:

Color temperature 6000 K
Light source 3 W HIGH POWER LED EDISON
Diffusion angle 60 °
Operating temperature <66 ° Celcius
Voltage 220 Volts
Consumption 3 watts
Lighting power 70 Lumens
Lifespan 50.000 hours

I would see if that is enough, I hope at this price lol, but good with 3 W of consumption I would be very happy :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/07, 10:17

Don't get bored and put 8 compact fluorescent bulbs GU10 9W Megaman and you will be quiet for 10 to 15 years ... ok they are not 10 € (10 € for which brand elsewhere?) but it is the best in terms of eco lighting. They are guaranteed for 2 more years ...

Only (small for me big for others) defect: they have a heating time a little longer than some other brands (which explains their lifespan of 15 000h) but on the other hand are insensitive to ON / OFF repeated. This heating time is the price of durability ...

ps: leds is good for cupboards, toilets or even a small passage corridor and outdoor spot lighted for a long period (every night for example) and whose lighting comfort does not matter. I am not against leds but I prefer to warn than disappoint. Besides, here are some models: LED bulbs
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 05 / 13, 10: 55, 2 edited once.
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 15/10/07, 09:37

Please note their lifetimes are very limited contrary to what is marked on the box. More precisely, it is the lifespan of the electronics which lowers the voltage from 220V to a few volts to power a series of LEDs which drops:

I bought 6 bulbs of this type at the beginning of the year on the Net (sorry, I had not read the forums before, I thought I was going green) already 3 of them have failed, although I use them normally (not in a passageway).

For more details, go to the lab -> https://www.econologie.com/forums/ampoules-a-led-consommation-reelle-et-essais-t2132-130.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/07, 10:40

Thank you for these details which fully confirm our tests on the 220V and multi-LED bulbs ... fortunately you are not talking about Image light output of these bulbs!

Do not hesitate to transmit to your knowledge the following synthetic link: https://www.econologie.com/ampoules-a-le ... -3118.html
0 x