Economic electric gate

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

Economic electric gate

by PITMIX » 11/02/07, 15:13

Hello
I present you a small assembly very simple to make for less than 100euro and which allows to have a little more comfort at home.
A remote-controlled electric gate.
You will see that the configuration of the opening of my gate is a bit special since the two leaves open in opposite directions to each other. This configuration allows me to enter two more cars in the garden.
The video will certainly make you smile but I am proud of my idea. : Cheesy:

video electric gate

I am sure that many of you will find other ideas to make it even simpler and cheaper (electromagnet, counterweight ...)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/02/07, 16:47

sorry, your portal is cheating! : Cheesy:

customers demand that it also be closed electrically, especially in a country where it is raining!

thanks for those few seconds of entertainment anyway!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other

by Other » 11/02/07, 17:15

Hello pitmix

Don't try to sell it in North America
very rare the houses which are closed and extremely rare to see a portal in an entry,
an electric garage door opener that's popular
for those who have garages, the cars that sleep outside resist the winter longer, than those in the garages decay quickly ...

Andre
0 x
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 11/02/07, 18:28

: Cheesy: lol super your "electric" gate

: Cheesy: but as a member would say it is cheating : Lol:

:P congratulations anyway for the idea
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 11/02/07, 19:55

Yeah ... you could say cheating : Lol:

In fact, as my portal opens to the outside, this posed a problem when I arrived by car. Either I had to park the car (waste of time) or I stopped in the middle of the road (not good).
Impossible to put the car on the sidewalk while opening the gate, otherwise bing in the wing.
This solution makes my life easier and above all prevents me from obstructing circulation.
When the gate closes, anyway even if it was electric in case of rain I will still take the sauce.
I have to get out of the car to get home :P
I think I'm going to do this on other doors because it's very practical, but this time with some recovery gear.
Why do we have remote-controlled central locking cars, when the doors of our houses ask for keys?
It's still more fun to press a button : Cheesy:

All that exists in the trade costs the skin of the buttocks. For 109Euro I would have had an interior lock motor at Conrad. It's also practical, but this lock motor requires that the original lock work very well. If this is not the case, the door must first be repaired or the lock changed.

Uh ... otherwise André I think I will not even be able to sell this to my neighbor : Shock: :D So for North America ...
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Economic electric gate

by crispus » 11/02/07, 21:11

PITMIX wrote:... You will see that the configuration of the opening of my gate is a bit special since the two leaves open in opposite directions to each other. This configuration allows me to enter two more cars in the garden.

Bold!

However, I don't think you have the right to open your gate to the street. Imagine the consequences if a rollerblading user on the sidewalk is surprised by this unforeseen obstacle: he has the choice between hitting the gate or trying a second chance in the street!

Also watch out for the fussy municipal police ... Predictable fine.

By cons you can make sliding this gate, or at least the leaf that bothers you ... Without risk for passers-by ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/02/07, 21:25

you react well, pitmix, I just wanted to tease you a little, he said that the idea is ingenious. At home, I have door closers (to keep the heat in the rooms): 2 pitons, a string, a bottle of weighted Evian; and even in the stairwell, a large plush spider on the string of the door closer.

currently, in Belgium, the new villas (you say pavilions, in France, I believe, for this type of construction), the design is:
electric garage door opener
we go home with the car
shoe cabinets and washing machine are in the garage
it's great, we come home from school, work, shopping, we put on our slippers, everything super clean.
so much so that in many houses there is an alarm system keypad in the garage, one upstairs on the landing, and none in the entrance hall: people do not use the "beauty". door ", only to receive visitors
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 11/02/07, 23:08

Yes elephant, I try as much as possible not to take myself seriously.
Here also the new constructions are as you describe.
For the door that opens to the outside, it is not allowed and can even be dangerous.
Catapult for passers-by : Cheesy:
When I open this door from the inside I first make sure there is no one there.
Before I opened the gate to be able to put an additional car in the garden.
In fact, I would have to install spring hinges that can open in both directions. The only thing I will have to change to get another car in is the stop on the ground.
But the simplest would of course be to install a sliding gate.
0 x
Other

by Other » 11/02/07, 23:51

Hello pitmix

code: Select all

Euh... sinon André je pense que je n'arriverai même pas à vendre ça à mon voisin   Alors pour l'Amérique du nord...

Note I find it beautiful to look at, the wrought iron grids
But what is the use of a door in the entrance? , in front of a Chateau with a drawbridge yes ..
but in front of a house, you have to open it to close it, it's like the shutters, you have to open them to close them, if it is for decoration it can have any interest, but if in order to protect yourself, the I am a little more skeptical ..
When you see a house completely enclosed here it is because its occupant is a European .. it is not in our customs to close between the neighbors even less the entrance, what we see is hedges of cedar.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 12/02/07, 07:52

Near my home, there is a town "Lesigny" of which a district is also made.
If you look closely (and it's the same at home) on the front of the houses there is nothing private. The lawn square could even be maintained by the Town Hall. The house occupies the entire facade of the land and you have to go inside it (or the garage) to access the private garden.
The house is separated from that of the neighbor by a small hedge.

In France there are even obligations depending on the region to give certain styles to houses. For example, the Provençal tiles of southern houses ...
0 x