can we supply an electrical resistance with wind 1

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

can we supply an electrical resistance with wind 1

by Willaupuis » 01/02/07, 17:27

Hi everybody,

my question therefore is: in case of production by a wind turbine producing directly in 220 V and not in 12 or 24V, the latter comes out in DC sold with an AC converter, I imagine that the power and the intensity varies according to the speed of rotation of the wind turbine (well I think) !!!, this current produced can be connected to an electrical resistance (diving itself in a reserve of water) or this current produced can you be used to recharge batteries?
or it is better to take a wind turbine which produces 12 - 24V and go through the intermediary battery inverter etc

thanks for your advices.
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/02/07, 19:28

I suppose there is an alternator on this wind turbine, so if you have an alternator, you can go out in alternating on a transformer and make the tension which you want with a better output than a converter.
Especially if you have power, pcq beyond 2 or 300 watts, a converter here begins to encrypt.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 01/02/07, 19:35

There is already a post on this idea (heating with the wind turbine) I don't know where.

I think it had come up against the problem of cable sizing and various 24V losses.

in 220 it could be gone but you have to find the generator and do something very safe.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/02/07, 19:40

If the wind turbine is used to directly heat water (heating or sanitary). Or rather, to help partially heat your needs. I think this is the best direct use of storage without loss in transformations.
Don't bother with converters, transformers, or even electric batteries.
If you use, at least cheaper, a 12v car alternator for example, you can use 12v heating resistors, quite simply.
Car heaters (bottle, warmer) in parallel could do the trick.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/02/07, 21:49

Hello,
Small wind units are most common at 12 volts
easier to store the current in a battery less risk of electric shock, the electric circuit escapes the regulation of the building, the size of the wires to transport a 30 amperes is in the usual commercial standards.

Now transforming the three-phase 12 volts ac into 220 volts ac poses a problem because it gives 220 volts but at frequencies of (400 cyles on a car) so it is better to stay in DC and put an inverter (this is what sold with the wind turbine, battery with deep discharge (inverter and voltage regulator) for remote chalets in the north.
the current is used for lighting and for radios, used on weekends, the rest of the week is used to charge the battery.
to get 300 watts it takes a good wind, to heat a water tank it may be long ...

Andre
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 02/02/07, 01:12

To recap, an electric motor or a generator are of two types:
- at DC (direct current): qd the voltage varies, the speed varies; and when the torque varies, the intensity varies.
- AC (alternating current): there are two types of motor: synchronous (this is your case, most certainly for a generator) and asynchronous. Thus, in the case of the Synchronous AC motor, several parameters come into play including: the frequency of rotation (directly linked to the frequency of your output voltage), your voltage, and your field of excitation of the motor.

Depending on the situation you are in, you will have to familiarize yourself with the parameters of your engine. Various sites on the internet allow you to do this: look for "rotating machine", "direct current" or "alternating current".

Then, if your application consists in simply heating a resistance, it is better that your output voltage is continuous, so that your resistance remains continuously heated. So if you are using an AC motor, you will need an AC / DC converter. Besides, in all cases, the best thing to do is to go through an AC / DC converter, if you need to operate DC equipment, even to charge intermediate batteries.
If you must use AC equipment, I would also advise you to go through an AC / AC converter ...
In short, I think that you should not hesitate to make yourself a small study in good and due form to also position safety devices so as not to screw up your equipment !!

So that your wind turbine is easier to make, I advise you (just as André also advises you) to go more through an auto alternator and a battery (or a set of batteries depending on whether you are in 12V or 24V) before going on your equipment ...

Here, I hope to have guided you without having told you too much bullshit !!
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 02/02/07, 01:16

Ah yes! I had forgotten!!

You can do whatever you want with any type of current, because any type of converter exists (AC / AC, AC / DC, DC / AC and DC / DC) and I think you can find some diagrams on the net!

The only thing to size well from the start is the power!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 02/02/07, 10:21

without converter you will not be at 50Hz in 220 ... only the converter counts, + or - efficient depending on the price.

there are quite a few, to be recovered in computer inverters, a 300W unit can be used to do all the lighting of a house, just connect the output of the converter to the input of the "lighting panel" "10A, so the whole circuit breaker / switch installation works.

who talks about performance? the wind ? the height of the wind turbine? the rain dance? -)

there are however applications where the frequency is not important, it is also the case of the lighting not? it should flash a little then?

for the car alternator, it only outputs from a certain number of rpm, that is 6000, with its reduction pulley x3, only 2000 rpm, so you can gear down but you need a powerful wind turbine, always the choice to make, and to have wind of course!
to transform an alternatuer so that it flows at lower speeds, see my site ... there are also among others full of very interesting PDFs ;-)

a wind turbine which charges batteries (we can all regenerate them, see my site therefore free of charge at the scrap dealer) "shed" via a regulator (to be soldered yourself see site) to a circuit when they are too charged: we switch to resistors electric for water in winter, or fan in summer, or whatever you want ...

there is also a simple system to have charged batteries: use the car's alternator, "it's a possibility" ;-) with a splitter coupler like motorhomes ... oh motorhomes! a whole world in 12V! hot water, fridge, gas cooker etc ...

obviously "see my site" is an expression ... but I try to collect information that is realistic and accessible to all - www.nrjrealiste.fr
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/07, 00:37

jonule wrote:[...] 6000, with its multiplying pulley x3, only 2000 rpm, [...]
There is an error somewhere ... The alternators barely flow above idle, and in any case surely not at 2000 rpm in engine speed ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other

by Other » 03/02/07, 05:44

Hello,
the alternators replaced the dynamos for this reason, because it had to rotate too fast to output.
The alternators are wound multipole it is also for this reason that their frequency is increased from 300 to 500 cyles in normal driving (this is the limit for a carcass in laminated sheet
after it is a ferrite carcass) this also explains the poor performance of the auto alternator, its winding and made with the minimum of turns and wire size, all its construction revolves around simplicity and low cost of production.
It is a reliable and robust equipment which makes 200000 km without problem, if the manufacturer places it in a ventilated place and protected from puddles.
For the flow it starts debited for an engine speed 800rpm. On a test bench at 1750 rpm alternator, we supply almost at 60% of the capacity, at 3550 rpm we supply at full capacity.
It is certain that putting a car alternator directly on the wiper of the propeller will not work, I do not think that the propellers rotates at 2000 rpm with a wind 30kmh.
Kubota's industrial engine alternators are made with a permanent magnet rotor, it delivers at lower speed and are of low power.

Just train it with a drill press and have it cut into a battery.

Andre
0 x