Do It Yourself Kyoto: Self-Regulation

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Do It Yourself Kyoto: Self-Regulation

by freddau » 31/01/07, 18:03

The invention of a London start-up will allow you to monitor your electricity consumption in real time. The Wattson from DIY Kyoto (for Do It Yourself Kyoto) counts and displays in watts the power used by all your electrical devices in operation. A sort of improved counter that will push you to save money. Only problem: it is sold 350 pounds, or 530 euros.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/07, 18:41

The digital counters of Edf already do this apparently ...

By cons I have never seen and I do not see how it could distinguish all devices ...? (except to connect them 1 by 1 recess)

And then for 15.2 times cheaper there is the PM230 ....
electric meters
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 14: 03, 2 edited once.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:07

: Idea: a company (fludia) can even do it for you, with a study of your electrical consumption, very good for saving energy; very nice and serious guys.

(my girlfriend worked at their house).
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 10/01/08, 14:17

Christophe wrote:By cons I have never seen and I do not see how it could distinguish all devices ...? (sof to connect them 1 by 1 recess)

Watteco has developed a technology based on the current pulses emitted by each device when they start up (patented process called WPC).

Each piece of equipment has a different signature and this makes it possible to differentiate them from a single point (your electrical panel for example).
This technology allows you to know if you are turning on a light in your living room, or if it is your fridge, your electric hob or your hot water tank that turns on.

http://www.watteco.fr/

David.
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 10/01/08, 14:33

carpet sellers are over yes?
especially at the price sold, we can not call that savings ...

it's still not difficult to turn off the light when leaving no, it can not be seen? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/08, 14:46

davidex wrote:Each piece of equipment has a different signature and this makes it possible to differentiate them from a single point (your electrical panel for example).
This technology allows you to know if you are turning on a light in your living room, or if it is your fridge, your electric hob or your hot water tank that turns on.

In other words, you have to reset the bigniou every time you change a light bulb in the house. :|
I'm not even telling you about the bugs in the case of light dimmers or "smart" power supply devices (like some PCs) which regulate their consumption according to their needs ...

Otherwise, I “do so much” Jonule: it feels good to know that the fridge consumes so much and the light so much.
The important thing is to make the effort, not how much it pays. Turning off a light in an empty room is a civic act Whatever the consumption of the bulb.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/01/08, 15:07

Otherwise, I “do so much” Jonule: it feels good to know that the fridge consumes so much and the light so much.
The important thing is to make the effort, not how much it pays. Turning off a light in an empty room is a civic act Whatever the consumption of the bulb

Agree with you, what counts is the action, and there is work.

If we also started by not lighting the cities the whole night for nothing, but that nobody talks about ..... in addition it disrupts the cycle of plants.

For 2 years, they have installed 4 poles with orange light in the street in front of my house, which light up all night for nothing. There are a majority of retirees in the neighborhood who never walk home at night and the rest who work take their cars. Whenever I go for a walk in this street at night, it is desert from my desert except a few cats ..... and it lights up my hedge of laurels and thuja of my neighbor (who had become brown l last winter and not before the lamps were installed !!). We will see this winter if it is the same.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 10/01/08, 16:20

Targol wrote:In other words, you have to reset the bigniou every time you change a light bulb in the house. :|
I'm not even telling you about the bugs in the case of light dimmers or "smart" power supply devices (like some PCs) which regulate their consumption according to their needs ...

No, it's the "biniou" (as you say) who is smart enough to recognize the signature of the peak. Nothing to re-parameterize.

Targol wrote:Otherwise, I “do so much” Jonule: it feels good to know that the fridge consumes so much and the light so much.

Seen like that, actually ...
The purpose of this kind of technology is not only to see where you can save energy but also for a little more sophisticated stuff:

- It can be used to warn you that a device is faulty: For example, detect that your hot water tank or that your fridge is broken, and that it consumes current 24/24.

- Where also to create life detection modules in an apartment (for the elderly). For example, if the toilet light has not been turned on for 3 days, or the fridge has not been opened for 24 hours (the small light that turns on inside), well there is chances are the person living there has a little problem ...

David.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/08, 16:21

jean63 wrote:If we also started by not lighting the cities the whole night for nothing, but that nobody talks about ..... in addition it disrupts the cycle of plants.

For 2 years, they have installed 4 poles with orange light in the street in front of my house, which light up all night for nothing. There are a majority of retirees in the neighborhood who never walk home at night and the rest who work take their cars. Whenever I go for a walk in this street at night, it is desert from my desert except a few cats ..... and it lights up my hedge of laurels and thuja of my neighbor (who had become brown l last winter and not before the lamps were installed !!). We will see this winter if it is the same.

It's not as simple as that.
Elected from my small town, I hypothesized, during a municipal council, to turn off the municipal public lighting between 1:00 am and 5:00 am for example.
In addition to the technical problems (the ignition is automated by an ambient light detection cell), we come up against the same "majority of retirees" who, even if they do not leave their homes, are reassured by these lights and have 'impression that, at least like that, they know where their taxes are going : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 10/01/08, 16:27

Targol wrote:Elected from my small town, I hypothesized, during a municipal council, to turn off the municipal public lighting between 1:00 am and 5:00 am for example.
In addition to the technical problems (the ignition is automated by an ambient light detection cell), we come up against the same "majority of retirees" who, even if they do not leave their homes, are reassured by these lights and have 'impression that, at least like that, they know where their taxes are going : Evil:

It seems to me that there are public lights (powerful, not small street lights in public parks) which have integrated solar panels, and which use the energy stored during the day as a priority to light at night. A module with adaptable solar panel for the old street lamps should exist in the trade. (See with the DDE perhaps?)
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"