Your ideas: what can be done with leds

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Your ideas: what can be done with leds

by bham » 22/11/06, 17:16

Some have fun making light graffiti with LEDs. I did not have time to understand how the LEDs are powered, I deliver this to you as is:
http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=19
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/11/06, 19:47

In the same vein, I have a friend who writes messages to his MTB wheel (readable from the side) when he drives with LEDs and a small program ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 22/11/06, 21:19

At least I hope it's not advertising! : Cheesy:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 22/11/06, 21:38

for the moment, what I have found most interesting is to replace the bulbs of the lighting of the dashboard of the car by leds. it no longer heats, consumes less, and above all does not break. in addition it allows you to change the color of the lighting. : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/11/06, 22:13

Not stupid, Philippe (especially for the lifetime) ... but I don't have a car ... with motorcycles does that work too? : Cheesy:

Do you have just a few in series to obtain 12 V or do you make a small special circuit? By the way, I still have 1,4 Vdc in the head ... Is that still for a led (even white?)?

I dream of replacing the lights with the LEDs to see the influence on consumption (lights on all the time on a motorcycle ...) but given the performance of the current LEDs I think we will have to wait a little longer. .. (the only auto led bulbs I saw were positioning lights ...)

In any case in this case the most need of transformer which eats a (large) part of the output since one remains in low voltage ...

ps: I took the opportunity to rename the subject in a more general subject on LEDs ...:)
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 22/11/06, 23:00

Yes of course. the more boring to disassemble, the more interesting it is.
in all cases, you must control the amperage, so you put a resistor in series. I put 450 ohms for 2 LEDs, plus a small condo to smooth the ridges. But it depends on the LEDs, there are different powers.
On the other hand, I fear that the central of indicators will lose its tempo, as with a burnt out bulb.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 22/11/06, 23:09

Anyone know how LEDs work in kids' shoes?
Those who blink while walking.
Imagine that we can recover the energy of each of our steps to recharge small LED lamps.
I can see myself at Taff with a cord coming out of the safety pumps connected to my LED lamp.
Since I do not stop coming and going on the place where I work it will save me from turning the crank of my dynamo lamp ... : Mrgreen:

PS: Laziness gives ideas :D : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 09:27

PITMIX wrote:Anyone know how LEDs work in kids' shoes? Those who blink while walking.

Uh ... A button cell right?

As in some lighters ... sold € 4

Do not dream: there is no mini dynamo in the schlopes or Pelletier plate in the lighters ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Your ideas: what we can do with LEDs

by bham » 23/11/06, 09:37

To come back to that:
http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=19 , I find it very original and beautiful but knowing that they supply each Led with a 3v button cell "made in China", the ecological balance is not terrible since thousands of batteries are used, batteries generating a lot of pollution, between their manufacture, transport, possible recycling. Well you will tell me, we already have so many gadgets that work with this kind of batteries.
By cons technical side, I find it nice and we can very well consider feeding the LEDs with solar or a Peltier module.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/11/06, 10:25

Christophe wrote:
PITMIX wrote:Anyone know how LEDs work in kids' shoes? Those who blink while walking.

Uh ... A button cell right?

As in some lighters ... sold € 4

Do not dream: there is no mini dynamo in the schlopes or Pelletier plate in the lighters ...
No, there is a piezo.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."