TPE - Ecological House of Tomorrow - Electricity

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sakenplet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

TPE - Ecological House of Tomorrow - Electricity

by sakenplet » 23/10/06, 11:14

Hello,
I am a student in first S, I do a TPE on the ecological houses of tomorrow, we must talk about the technologies that will be used in the houses of tomorrow.
Taking care of the electricity part I made the following plan:

1) Sun

-Roof in solar panels

2) Wind

-Wind turbine

3) Storage

-Recyclable batteries

-Storage thanks to compressed air

-Ole-pneumatic batteries

In the sun part, I'm talking about solar panels but these solar panels are the ones currently used and have a lot of disadvantages:
https://www.econologie.com/energie-solai ... -3135.html

Do you know solar panels "of the future" for which I can find more information? And for the wind do you know other types of wind turbines? :|

Thank you : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/10/06, 11:52

hello sakenplet,
welcome to the club

sakenplet said:

In the sun part, I'm talking about solar panels but these solar panels are the ones currently used and have a lot of inconveniences

you're right, but there are several things to consider:

1) there are only space stations that can pay for photovoltaic power panels, in the current state it is only profitable to make low power current on isolated sites, weather stations or park meters , for example
(and in addition, have you seen the place it takes?)

2) in fact when you talk about renewable energy, you completely change the energy estimate of the house: for example, you make your hot water with solar thermal and you can partially heat the house by designing it better or with a Canadian well (Provençal )

bon travail
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/10/06, 14:38

Photovoltaic panels are the only commercial solution, but not the best way to make electricity from the sun (10% efficiency).

The best current way would be to couple a solar thermal collector (vacuum tube, parabolic ...) with a stirling or ericson engine driving a generator (up to 40% efficiency).
a thermal sensor can easily recover 80% of solar radiation!

Battery storage of electricity is not yet a panacea (cost, polluting materials, etc.).

Finally, since we are talking about electricity, huge savings in consumption can be made by eliminating waste! This is the approach NEGAWATT
We can imagine 2 electrical networks, one in 240 V AC and a network in 12V CC to supply all applications running on DC power supplies as well as 240V devices running on DC at low voltage (VCR, TV, PC, etc.).
Significant savings are also possible on washing machines and dishwashers by replacing the electric water heating with a non-electric hot water supply (preferably solar). Electric heating of the house is, of course, to be avoided, prefer the heat pump associated with efficient double-flow ventilation, possibly coupled with a Canadian well. Consider eventually managing the air masses heated by unwanted heat generators in summer but usable for heating the home in winter (heat exchangers on the back of refrigerators and freezers, dryer ...). Avoid using the dryer, or modify its operation (on a thermodynamic generator combining the heating / drying and dehumidification function or on a hot water coil connected to the central heating circuit ...)
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 23/10/06, 20:58

hi, welcome to you sakenplet.

EPFL (Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne) has developed a new type of solar cell using thin film technology and using titanium oxide. cheaper, less polluting because it requires less than silicon and it has better performance ...

I carried out a general study project on "the renewal of solar houses" in the first year of the engineering cycle. I can send it to you if you want, contact me by private message for that.

I would also like to make it available on the site, but I don't know how to do it. if a moderator could tell me the procedure in PM, that would be cool.

and there's lots of new things in solar cells. example:

http://www.risoe.dk/solarcells/projects/solar_2005-1.htm

@+
-Pollux
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
sakenplet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sakenplet » 26/10/06, 19:59

Thank you all for your responses : Cheesy: I will put my TPE online when it is finished if you are interested;)
0 x