Hidden consumption washing machine

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
SQUARE
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hidden consumption washing machine

by SQUARE » 09/10/06, 16:49

It's not just television that has a consumer watch;
some recent washing machines do not have electro-mechanical buttons but sensitive push buttons. Power is applied from a circuit already in service. A measurement with the PM230 wattmeter allowed me to see a consumption of 16 watts for the machine ... when stopped.
1 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: hidden consumption

by Targol » 09/10/06, 16:58

CARRU wrote:A measurement with the PM230 wattmeter allowed me to see a consumption of 16 watts for the machine ... when stopped.

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
16W???
: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

it's incredible !!!!
What is a machine?

PS: welcome to you on forums Econology :D
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 16:59

Well seen this test ... necessarily the button "which detects" the finger is powered ....

There is more than systematically disconnecting the plug ... Or putting a multi-switch multi-socket bellle: there is a anti-standby power strip here.
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 11 / 07, 14: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 09/10/06, 20:57

Bonsoir.

16W of empty consumption!
They will explain to me why do 10 years of studies to replace our good old dry contact inter, for something that costs more, which consumes energy, and which is also not good for safety! : Evil:

It's worse than TV:
The TV can be turned off and there we no longer consume anything, it has the following 3 operating modes: on, standby, stop.

Let me explain for security:
normally any appliance must be fitted with an emergency cut-off (if even in domestic!). On "portable" equipment (radio, drill, bedside lamp ...) we can consider that disconnecting the plug is a safe emergency shutdown.
On a tumble dryer, it seems to me that the plug is not too acesssible (like the TV), so the stop function must be entrusted to a safe device (like the switch on the TV). In my opinion a sensitive switch and its associated electronics cannot be considered as a safety stop. So for me this material does not comply with the regulations. (Sorry if my explanations are a bit heavy)

If we want to act further upstream, why not write an open letter to the manufacturer and see what he will answer?
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
peace_angelh
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by peace_angelh » 22/11/07, 12:46

Don't you know that the big manufacturers of washing machines have actions at EDF?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/11/07, 12:55

it is sure, they even invented the washing machine with cold water, which must first be heated by a good old nuclear heating resistor of 2500W, the same as in water heaters!

to connect a washing machine to the water heater:
http://www.sebasol.ch/lave-linge.pdf

suddenly the consumption of the washing machine goes from 3000W to 500W : Cheesy:
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 30/11/07, 13:35

your MAL (washing machine) is not illegal.
In Europe, it must comply with the "low voltage" directive, the proof of which is provided by compliance with a standard.

Compliance with this directive shows that in the event of a first fault (broken ground connection, broken conductor, overflow) you do not incur any electrical, mechanical and thermal risk.

your MAL can perfectly remain on the sector and consume current that does not put your safety at stake. On the other hand I find that 70mA (16W / 230V) is a lot for a standby circuit. It is true that the costs are "pulled out" and that the food designer did his best.

Your MAL says integrating a delayed start, that's why it has a standby mode.
What is unfortunate is that by plugging in a good old timer for night triggering it will not start but will remain on standby

=> too modern or not enough!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 30/11/07, 14:07

yes, bonen vielle daube which does not correspond to any consumer specifications, just those of the manufacturers, I don't think the designer did his best ...

why in carouf there are no washing machines with hot water inlet, or bubble washing?

because the nuclear lobby is currently relaunching a whole bunch of energy-consuming devices: kettles, radiators etc at low prices, which made the success of its power stations at the time: the famous toaster radiators! as well as the toasters of course, hot plates etc ... long live progress! :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/07, 14:50

If people did not buy these shit anymore the lobbies would be less powerful ...

Maybe it's up to us to educate people? Since the powers in place are quite incompetent on this point ... on the contrary, see the advertising campaigns for heat pumps (from m ** to ...)
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 30/11/07, 14:52

I like your site .....
but the guy who designed the standby circuit we told him: "your budget is 1.01 € for the function, so he made it with a capa, a resistor, a zener and that's all!

16W result .... I think it is well proven
0 x