Opinion and test: I tested SALTO, the French VOD VS Netflix (Android application null)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Opinion and test: I tested SALTO, the French VOD VS Netflix (Android application null)

by Christophe » 29/11/20, 20:16

I have had a SALTO subscription for over a month now ... "to see" what it is and especially to support the French production VS the big American villains that are the behemoths Netflix and Amazon Prime Video ...

Salto that's it: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salto_(plateforme_SVOD) where : https://www.salto.fr/

So obviously we are far from the catalog of 2 behemoths (there are others) and a lot of programs are replays that can be seen for free via other means (all the sites of FR channels now offer replay .. .) which has earned many criticisms and the laughing stock of Internet users ... certainly accustomed to gorging themselves on blockbuster Rican buster from QI ...

Because there is interesting content that you will not find elsewhere ... especially on documentaries (full of the different Apocalypse), old films classified by "actor" or director (see Audiard or Bebel on Netflix not sure it happens one day ...), French series (there are some very good ones!)

And several films are added every day ... it's not bad!

A fairly complete presentation: https://www.cnetfrance.fr/news/salto-pr ... 891721.htm

On the other hand they could have removed the video inlays of the channels: I watch a series broadcast on TF1 and the TF1 logo appears as well as the "To be continued" inlay ... not that great!

The big fault that I noticed ... HUGE EVEN is the lack of application on TV or PS4 AND ESPECIALLY they coded the android application like sleeves !! : Shock: : Evil:

Screenshot_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_Google Play Store.jpg (134.29 KiB) Viewed 9396 times

Indeed; my samsung S8 from 2018 is not compatible with the app !! That's quite lamentable ... that a 5 or 6 year old phone is not, we can understand ... a 2 year old much less !!

You need an ultra modern phone to be able to install the Salto app and, worse, it is not possible to use the phone browser (which refers to the application ... not compatible ... anything!)!

So if you have an Android system older than 2018 and no other way to view, forget ... Salto ...

I still can't believe it!

You must also be located in France ... otherwise it will block!

So if you have any questions, just ask me.

Otherwise there is a free Belgian competitor it is Auvio: https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/ (free app too)
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: I tested SALTO, the French VOD on Netflix. Android app on the street!

by A.D. 44 » 29/11/20, 22:54

Hi,

The big (huge) difference is that salto does not produce (it uses content from partner broadcasters (f television, TF1 ... etc).

While Netflix, Amazon, et al are producing.

And that's not the only different point.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 29/11/20, 22:57

I would have so much to say on this subject ... but I would be totally impartial, given that I am relatively involved.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/20, 00:04

AD 44 wrote:Hi,

The big (huge) difference is that salto does not produce (it uses content from partner broadcasters (f television, TF1 ... etc).

While Netflix, Amazon, et al are producing.

And that's not the only different point.

Doubly false:

a) netflix did not produce anything until 2015 or 2016 ... that did not prevent it from already having tens of millions of subscribers ... I remember very well the first production of Netflix it was on child soldiers in Africa ... forgot the name and don't want to look there ...

b) And there are many productions from the channels that own Salto ... but obviously these productions are also broadcast on TV ... for free ... here is the nuance ...

Salto still negotiated the exclusion of the S4 from the excellent Fargo series ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/20, 00:13

AD 44 wrote:I would have so much to say on this subject ... but I would be totally impartial, given that I am relatively involved.

Explain ?

Otherwise there is Molotov.tv ...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: I tested SALTO, the French VOD on Netflix. Android app sucks !!

by phil59 » 30/11/20, 00:34

With netflix, on an old Android, more compatible with the new versions, you take an older version, that you download, and that you launch manually, and it's all good ...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/20, 00:54

Yes or via the browser which salto does not allow on android ...

And since the app has just been released, there aren't any of the oldest ...
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 30/11/20, 06:07

Hello,

Christophe wrote: Doubly false

Okay...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/11/20, 07:59

Christophe wrote:You must also be located in France ... otherwise it will block!

Fortunately NordVPN is here with its 95% discount for 10 years ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 30/11/20, 08:34

Forhorse wrote:
Christophe wrote:You must also be located in France ... otherwise it will block!
Fortunately NordVPN is here with its 95% discount for 10 years ... : Mrgreen:
Have you seen you : Lol: :?: https://nordvpn.com/fr/pricing/
0 x