Beginner pelton project

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Stef60
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Beginner pelton project

by Stef60 » 30/03/20, 18:59

Hello everybody

Here with confinement the projects which were stored in a corner of the head come out little by little ...

I am a beginner in the subject but I am trying to train myself, I would like to do if possible of course, a project concerning the design of a Pelton turbine operating with "a closed water network".

Using a can of 200 liters of water, fixing the Pelton turbine inside, and with an electric pump pumped the water from the can and bring it out in the same can on the pelton wheel to rotate it and make it fall back down. in the canister and so on.

My questions are:

- a 36v or 48v 1000w scooter motor tightened correctly? example of motor:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/1000W-Moteur-El ... SwU0VeQkRq

- Will I have enough flow to run the engine correctly?
- Could I generate enough electricity to run the pump and charge at least one battery?

If someone has a little time to devote to a beginner ... Thanks in advance
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Beginner pelton project

by ENERC » 30/03/20, 19:35

Hello,

The Pelton turbine needs a lot of pressure to spin. In my opinion, it takes at least 1 bar to take off the turbine.
And so you need a fairly costly pump. You can also use a booster.

You will have a very low efficiency between small pump, low pressure and Pelton turbine.

If it is for a simple test, you can take an aquarium pump and a paddle wheel mounted on a dynamo. The test will give a good idea of ​​the overall functioning of the system.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/03/20, 20:02

These two sentences seem strange to me:
- Will I have enough flow to run the engine correctly?
- Could I generate enough electricity to run the pump and charge at least one battery?

If I understood correctly (?), You hope to generate enough electricity from the turbine to power the pump and even a little more (while we're at it, why bother?) ... I think, if my interpretation is correct, that certain elementary principles of physics have escaped you ... :P
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/03/20, 20:06

Ahmed wrote: I believe, if my interpretation is correct, that certain elementary principles of physics have escaped you ... :P

I also think so, but hey .... Perhaps the idea should be better described before deciding.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/03/20, 20:09

This is why I introduced a lot of conditionality in my message. Clarifications are indeed necessary.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 30/03/20, 20:12

Ahmed wrote:This is why I introduced a lot of conditionality in my message. Clarifications are indeed necessary.

Maybe he wants to build two systems in parallel, one that powers the second ... : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 30/03/20, 21:42

Hello,
It is clear that the potential energy of 200 l of water is peanuts.
By placing your tank 20 m higher it would be 200 X 9.81 X 20/3600 = 10.9 Wh, with the inevitable losses of a small system, do not hope to produce more than 5 Wh. http://enrj.renouvelables.free.fr/energ ... lique.html https://hydroturbine.info/potentiel-ene ... hute-deau/
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"