Question about magnetism and electrostatic energy

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Question about magnetism and electrostatic energy

by paotop » 04/03/06, 17:05

good voila, I'm building my mechanical workshop.

metal frame, reinforced concrete screed, wooden cladding, etc ...

I wonder if it would be necessary to connect the frame to a ground stake (perhaps via an electro-static energy recovery system as in the subject of free recharging of the forum)

I also wonder if it would not be good to connect the cracks of the concrete of the screed to ground.

it would probably be useless but hey, I wonder what impact can have on the health (or other) a wire mesh in a ground :?:

all this static scrap in a room where there is going to be a lot of electrical equipment ......... magnetically, something must be going well right?

finally if you have any info i am interested :D
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 04/03/06, 18:41

Hello
For the screed (and the reinforcement) it is normally quite well connected to the ground, I don't really see any risk, unless the ground is in rock etc which is not very conductive. By cons for the metal frame I would not play too much the blow of the electrostatic charge because the day when there is thunderstorm and lightning, it will hurt ... It is better to earth it.
For electrical "pollution" there is much more to be wary of the clock radio next to the bed and mobile phones than the metal frame or high voltage lines.
Good luck for the work.
Michel
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 06/03/06, 14:36

isn't that what we call equipotential bonding?
for my shed, the standardization requested for the acceptance of the consuel with respect to the electrical installation required to connect all the posts with cable connected to the ground.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 06/03/06, 22:35

Hi lau
Yes ! I don't know specifically the standards for these metal constructions but it seems normal to me.
Michel
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/03/06, 03:27

Hello
For an industrial construction (factory), the regulations stipulate that each metal pole must be tied on a loop with a large cable and have a ground rod at each two poles and connect it all together.

Andre
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 08/03/06, 09:31

so the lattice caught in concrete has no influence?

as for the frame I noticed that there is filings "glued" at the end of beams in places (if there is no paint).
therefore a priori it must charge magnetically.

well if i cannot recover this energy, i will put earth stakes ....... tan pis :frown:
0 x
Byr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Equipotential bonding

by Byr » 08/03/06, 09:58

An equipotential bonding connected to earth, for a frame, in particular if it is metallic, allows better control of the protection of the latter, and of its occupants against electrical risks.
If the supply of electrical energy is provided by the public electricity network (EDF for France), the neutral of the distribution transformer (H61 or low station) is connected to earth. Thus, an insulation fault on the electrical installation (e.g. phase of a device that is poorly insulated and in contact with the casing), has every chance of being channeled by the metal structure towards the earth and thus looping back on that of the distribution transformer. In addition, this fault will be perceived by the installation supply differential circuit breaker which will be unbalanced ("I entering> I outgoing") and will therefore trip (For I fault> 500 mA for conventional circuit breaker supplied by EDF in Low voltage blue tariff). If you want to increase the sensitivity of the circuit breaker, a whole range of circuit breakers can be found on the market. However, then, pay attention to the quality of insulation of the electrical installation ....
Another advantage of equipotential links lies in the fact that they limit the circulation of parasitic currents and therefore the rise in potential. But the subject is very broad ...
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 08/03/06, 11:05

euu ...... if today I am a self-taught who works rather in mechanics, in another life I had worked for many years in industrial maintenance. :?

I have diplomas (which are useless to me today) in electromechanics and electrotechnics, therefore the presence of a differential circuit breaker on my installation and the need to connect a metallic mass to the ground is more than familiar to me ... : Cheesy:

the information I am looking for is more about the electromagnetic charges that are likely to accumulate in the metal parts of the building that I am building, their positive or negative effect on my health, and if it would be possible to recover this energy instead of the swing to the ground.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 08/04/06, 23:56

Bonsoir.

You talk about magnetic filings on metal posts. I believe this phenomenon is normal, and has nothing to do with the grounding of the frame. The filings had to be magnetized during the persage of the IPN, (I do not know why, when we pierce scrap metal, it tends to magnetize)

I too am a maintenance technician : Cheesy: You must know like me that the electric cables and the extensions can be put to severe tests ... The masses to the ground, I believe that it is what we do best for health in these cases there.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 09/04/06, 00:05

I forgot, an interesting site:
http://www.systemed.fr/forum
0 x