Linky installation on a wooden board: poor workmanship with risk of fire and endangering the life of others!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Linky installation on a wooden board: poor workmanship with risk of fire and endangering the life of others!

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 20:19

If your Linky has been installed on a wooden support (whatever it is) then there is a risk of fire because it does not respect the ERDF technical specification for the installation of Linky meters. ... therefore contact ENEDIS as soon as possible to inform them of the installation error by showing them the following .pdf:

Implementation of control panels according to technical specification ERDF-CPT-M & S-CDC-11006 (initial file named: Sequelec_Fiche_19_2016.pdf)

implementation-of-control-panels.pdf
(1.72 million) Downloaded times 1878

If they are slow to react: contact an association like UFC Que Choisir [/ b]

Here are some correct installation diagram, more details in ENEDIS .pdf below

Installation_Linky.jpg
Installation_Linky.jpg (66.82 Kio) Accessed 27850 times

a) The installation of electricity meters is regulated by the ERDF technical specification: ERDF-CPT-M & S-CDC-11006

b) This .pdf indicates

First fault: do not replace the wooden panels or tableautins by self-extinguishing plates.

Second fault: disregard the locations now prohibited for this type of meters and replace cheaply the robust electromechanical meter often installed in these places now prohibited for new meters

Of course the replacement of the wood support should be imperative and at the expense of the company that wants to impose its new device but also the change of location which ipso facto would sometimes require major work for the site to answer, in terms of security, to standard.Needile to specify that such work is not done in the time frame of 30 minutes granted to subcontractors who are either accomplices or dupes of Enédis. But in the case of companies that are in principle specialized in electricity, they should know the standards of their field of action.

(...)

A retired engineer from RTE (EDF), doctor and engineer in applied physics even explains that in case of phase inversion and neutral, as has been seen with incompetent installers, this can lead to disasters. We can add that the unipolar cut-off system inside the Linky can also generate electric arcs and participate in the firing of the wooden boards.

(...)

The 2 videos where the linky burned are installed on WOOD !! As by chance !!

Another mystery solved (among others) on this forum... now the neuneus who can not even check information will always think that this is a problem only Linky ... while it is their installation that is canve and they let in a branquignole at home!

Edit: example of installation completely NOT COMPLIANT:

ps: my message from: electricity-electronics-informatics / linky-hoax-and-fakes-to-run-over-internet-t14426-160.html # p372355 because I think that with the risk of fire counters Linky incorrectly installed, there is endangering (voluntary or not) the lives of others!

Edit 2: Mediapart also seizes the Linky file: electricite-electronic-informatique / linky-mal-installed-on-board-or-wooden-support-react-before-it-is-too-late-t16204-50.html
0 x
Christophe

Re: Linky badly installed on board or wooden support? React before it's too late?

by Christophe » 20/11/19, 13:04

Here are 2 installation instructions which comply with the technical specification ERDF-CPT-M & S-CDC-11006:

SeQuelec_Fiche_15.pdf
(580.11 KB) Downloaded times 2948

80829.pdf
(823.15 KB) Downloaded times 1039

sources:

https://www.enedis.fr/sites/default/fil ... che_15.pdf

https://seifel.fr/Documents/_notices/80829.pdf

WE CAN NOT FIX A LINKY DIRECTLY ON A WOODEN SUPPORT AS IT WAS (would?) Have been made on some videos that circulate on social networks (not that it is not disinformation videos):

Putting a counter in a library is still not trivial! : Cheesy:

In short if this is your case, contact ENEDIS quickly ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Linky badly installed on board or wooden support? React before it's too late?

by Christophe » 20/11/19, 18:08

2 photos of an installation on a wooden support but which is compliant because it uses the approved bracket (see .pdf above):

Linky_bois_ok_2.jpg
Linky_bois_ok_2.jpg (82.16 Kio) Viewed 27738 times

Linky_bois_ok.jpg
Linky_bois_ok.jpg (66.35 Kio) Viewed 27738 times
2 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/11/19, 18:25

Thank you for the info. If the installers come without the approved media, I will send them to shit. Pardon "on the roses".
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/19, 17:54

Christophe wrote: I think that with the risk of fire counters Linky incorrectly installed, there is endangering (voluntary or not) the lives of others!

Indeed. I think we could win a lawsuit - for a good cause. The "endangerment" is criminal. Punished by fines. Or sheet metal - but not the one to fix a meter! The fines go to the state.

As long as there is no fire, it seems to me difficult to plead for "damages", in civil ... Stress, perhaps?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 18:18

That's why I used these strong words ...

Now it would already be known how much, in%, of linky are really badly installed ... because dishonest and intox or infox there are quite a lot on the side of anti linky ...
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 01/12/19, 18:25

at home I have the white box underneath : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 19:27

Like the 2 photos I put above? Just to know if there are different models?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/12/19, 09:02

I can not see how to put this enhancement of linky without lengthening the son. They were economical in time. The wires had just the right length for the connection, maybe also by anti-fraud measure?

If we analyze the official documents cited with this pdf from an anti-linky collective (I suppose), by looking for "wood" in this sheet https://www.enedis.fr/sites/default/fil ... 9_2016.pdf for new installations, 19 plug, on wooden partition, is recommended an intermediate 25 mm plasterboard, without precision concerning the fire resistance, it is already more logical.

What would be even more logical is to completely replace these wooden panels with a placo + the regulatory board, the son would not need to be lengthened, but probably not provided in the charter of installers, because that requires more than half an hour of work. : Wink:

By the way, the document is no shortage of nonsense
In particular, over the years, in loosening "domino" connectors or even
array and in outlets, which can lead to the creation of arcing. With
the increase of the frequencies, circulating in installations not planned for this,
imposed by the CPL, the danger of arches increases due to warming up and
vibrations more powerful than 50 Hz
: Mrgreen: .
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/12/19, 12:33

Christophe wrote:Here are 2 installation instructions which comply with the technical specification ERDF-CPT-M & S-CDC-11006:
WE CAN NOT FIX A LINKY DIRECTLY ON A WOODEN SUPPORT AS IT WAS (would?) Have been made on some videos that circulate on social networks (not that it is not disinformation videos):

I was done like that. : Cry:

here is the situation: I had made room thinking that the technician was going to turn this old wooden stuff, 4 nice blue son to connect cleanly in the new counter beautiful and no good ...

IMG_9265.JPG
IMG_9265.JPG (118.17 KB) Viewed times 27512

I do not throw the stone at the guy who came, we do not give them time to work properly ... he did what he could in just one hour of intervention.
Attachments
IMG_9263.JPG
IMG_9263.JPG (108.36 KB) Viewed times 27512
IMG_9264.JPG
IMG_9264.JPG (95.47 KB) Viewed times 27512
0 x