Leroy Merlin cheaper than Amazon (Eglo Connect Salobrena)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Leroy Merlin cheaper than Amazon (Eglo Connect Salobrena)

by Christophe » 14/10/19, 11:38

I just bought an Eglo Connect Salobrena LED panel from Leroy Merlin and it was, by far, [u] cheaper at Leroy Merlin than on the Internet [/ u and especially at "leroy" (stupid pun) du Amazon e-commerce ...

We can find this rgb led panel connected in 120x30cm up to 450 € on the Internet! : Shock:

This is to say that even on technology, the internet is not necessarily the best place and the traditional shops can still be competitive and that's good!

Here is the sign in question:

Eglo_connect.jpg
Eglo_connect.jpg (58.79 Kio) Viewed 3091 times

And the corresponding product sheets (free ad):

130 € at Leroy Merlin (store and internet prices are the same):

https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produit ... 1500442564

169 € at Amazon (Prime):

0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leroy Merlin cheaper than Amazon (Eglo Connect Salobrena)

by GuyGadebois » 14/10/19, 11:57

There is indeed a multitude of objects cheaper elsewhere than on Amazon! After, if you have to 100 km to get it, 30 cts per kilometer, it's expensive!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/19, 12:03

Yes the problem is that many now believe the opposite and buy on Amazon without even comparing by saying to themselves "compare it is useless, Amazon is cheaper anyway" ... Me the 1st until there is A few days! : Mrgreen:

Amazon has made its reputation as "low cost" and now they are taking the opportunity to inflate prices ...

By cons I found Leroy Merlin quite expensive on small tools, taps (not a shower head under the 20 € excluding promo) and consumables ... after I did not go around all departments .. .

In short compare compare and compare before buying ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/10/19, 12:31

Amazon has been cheaper for a very long time. Now that he has been able to sit down, that is no longer the case. But it was predictable and announced!
That said, there are plenty of Amazon-hosted “stores” that charge whatever prices they want and aren't really competitive and others that outperform the giant.
An example. On Amazon, I just bought two 13W LED bulbs (100W equivalent), the Philips (sold by a German store) are at 11.95, the "Amazonbasics" (sold by Amazon) are at 11.49 ... it should be a little concon to take the Amazon, right?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/19, 12:36

Marketplaces allow to buy directly in China or elsewhere ... amazon, cdiscount and even fnac have markeplace ...so you buy in china on a .fr ... but there nobody says anything defense side or deception of the surfer!

Difficult to find better price level but beware of shipping and customs ... and the quality very variable! I recently bought a multimeter on Amazon delivered from China: sold for 20A, it does not exceed the 6,5A ...

For the Led panel, I imagine that by looking well I could have found better on the marketplaces but for a "no name" thing as you say ...

And there is not really a guarantee when you buy in China (Amazon's customer service is top ... for a recently purchased product but in the long run I've never tested ... Cdiscount's service is a horror you walk from Eastern countries in the Maghreb) ... the Elgo is guaranteed 5 years.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/10/19, 13:33

Christophe wrote:The Cdiscount after-sales service is a horror that strolls you from Eastern countries to the Maghreb)

I had a Bosch espresso machine that farted (after 2 years) under warranty (I always take an extension). CDiscount refunded it to me in full and quickly. Thanks to that, I bought a ... Saeco elsewhere (guaranteed 5 years).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/19, 14:32

Yes because you took advantage of the manufacturer's warranty of a big manufacturer ... that you paid elsewhere.

The rest of the time it does not go as well with the cdiscount sav ... finally my personal experience (ie not very big but sufficient to no longer want to contact them)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/10/19, 14:48

Christophe wrote:Yes because you took advantage of the manufacturer's warranty of a big manufacturer ... that you paid elsewhere.

The extra warranty is not Bosch's, I think.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/19, 15:22

Any guarantee is, ultimately, supported by the manufacturer ... cdiscount has simply negotiated an additional warranty contract with the manufacturer ...

I was a trader, even you buy from a wholesaler, he will return the HS material to the manufacturer ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/10/19, 19:04

Christophe wrote:Any guarantee is, ultimately, supported by the manufacturer ... cdiscount has simply negotiated an additional warranty contract with the manufacturer ...

I was a trader, even you buy from a wholesaler, he will return the HS material to the manufacturer ...

And once refurbished, it will be resold as "refurbished".
0 x