Remarketing retargeting: Amazon exchanges your info with Facebook and Google?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Remarketing retargeting: Amazon exchanges your info with Facebook and Google?

by Christophe » 06/04/17, 15:38

Yesterday evening I buy a small postal scale on Amazon (after a search google of course) under my Firefox browser that I use 90% of the time ...

This morning I connect to Facebook with another browser (I like not mix everything .... but the rest will give me wrong but read rather), namely Internet Explorer ...

But I see the targeted advertising "balance on Amazon" on my facebook account on IE so ...we already knew for a long time that after a search on google on a browser, the google ad was targeted during the next few days but there is talk of another browser and another advertising system!

So 2 options (if you see others ???):

a) Browsers exchange information from cookies ... which would not be very normal ???

b) It is my IP (which has not changed since yesterday) which has been targeted and which has been "transmitted / sold" to Facebook by Amazon or Google ... (my Amazon account email is different from that from FB ... but google probably knows that they are linked by I do not know what click I made one day ...)

c) Windows traces our research?

In short, it weighs heavily on internet marketing Well I had to put this one there given my purchase :D

The net becomes really, but really, a beautiful shit for the private life and all that to "consume more" !!! : Evil:

1984 here we are !!
0 x
Christophe

Re: remarketing retargeting: Amazon exchange your info with Facebook and Google?

by Christophe » 15/11/19, 18:07

2 years and a half later ...

Yesterday in the late evening, I do a search on my Apple tablet ... this morning I have a pub corresponding to these searches on my PC ...

But here it stays from Google to Google ... via IP ... which did not change during the night ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: remarketing retargeting: Amazon exchange your info with Facebook and Google?

by Christophe » 12/04/20, 12:03

Small up for the coronavirus :)
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 12/04/20, 18:12

It is not easy to avoid it.
There are trackers in just about every web page. The classic names are:
- googleads.g.doubleclick.net
- bs.serving-sys.com
- facebook.com
- ads.sportslocalmedia.com
- api.dailymotion.com
- adservice.google.com
- prof.estat.com
- auth.estat.com

In addition to trackers, there are third-party cookers. If you have an FB account, on any web page you can connect to your account and request your "commercial" profile.
How it works? in a web page you have a request on the FB API. Your browser presents your FB cookie which unblocks access and in Javascript we recover all your browsing history seen by FB. For developers the doc is here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-apis
Google has the same thing here: https://support.google.com/dcm/answer/2835059?hl=en (Campaign manager = coping)

I solved the problem like this:
- I have no account on social networks
- I put the URLs above in my etc / hosts (C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts on Windows). for example
127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
And BASTA : Cheesy:

Since FB does not delete anything, it has your browsing history since the creation of the account. : Evil:

So when someone puts an FB link on it forum, I have an error in place of the link or the video :? .

I hardly use Firefox anymore, I use Brave (https://brave.com) which is very strict on the management of pubs. I go back to FF qrand it does not work under Brave (typically very costly forms on some merchant sites).

Rest Windows: in itself it is not dangerous, but there are tons of malware that install and recover the clipboard. You copy / paste a password and hop the bouzin sends it on the Internet. I've been on Linux or Mac for 10 years and I don't miss Windows. When I have to use Windows at work, I'm like an idiot who can't find the name of the programs to launch : Mrgreen:
1 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"