Frost at a glance

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
pubmarc55
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Frost at a glance

by pubmarc55 » 20/01/16, 09:33

Hello
I would like to ensure the frost protection of a look of 70 * 60 * 50 in which there is an electric pump.
this economically and automatically.
I had thought of an incandescent lamp 100W with a thermostat but it is surely not the best way ...
thank you for your suggestions and best regards
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/01/16, 09:45

I use a plastic bag filled with glass wool insulation or other, to protect the insulation from moisture and to remove this bag for easy access.
It stays in place all year long, so it does not forget.
No need to waste electricity for that.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/01/16, 11:06

You may be able to see under what climate you live, Brittany is not the Alps, but that's how we protected our water meter at my parents. (around Charleroi, Belgium).

We had only one problem in winter 63. And again, not sure: the pipes had frozen downstream.

There are of course the antifreeze cords, some of which have a thermostat that consume around 10 w / m. Tape "antifreeze cord" in google
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/01/16, 11:58

If the pump is used, it heats (a little). Insulation will be a sufficient solution.

If it is not used in winter and in a harsh climate, an "active" solution such as the lamp (no need for 100W) or the antifreeze cord is essential (this does not dispense with insulating over it).
0 x
pubmarc55
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pubmarc55 » 20/01/16, 12:08

Hello and thank you for your suggestions

In fact I am in Lorraine so currently -7 ° sensor on my window!
This is a pool filtration pump, so right next to the pool, it is true that it provides some thermal inertia, but I do not want to risk exploding the engine located, certainly in a look, but only isolated by the plastic cover of the glance!
I'm going to take a look at the anitigel cords ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/01/16, 12:50

Gaston is right: our water meter was regularly warmed by the passage of water (6 to 10 ° in winter?). I guess that's not the case with your pump in winter.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/01/16, 14:25

If the pool is not frozen and the pump is running ... Well, there's nothing to add ... If the pump is stopped..Close the valves and drain ...

Or fill the pool with schnapps ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
pubmarc55
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pubmarc55 » 20/01/16, 18:57

in fact the pump is stopped, and I can not drain ..
I have to disassemble it completely to do this
and that's exactly what I want to avoid !!!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/01/16, 18:58

The question was whether the pump was running out of season.
0 x