The return of incandescent bulbs?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/01/16, 22:52

Discarded since January 2013 for poor performance, they could return with a yield of 40%, much better than leds.
The trick is a filter that lets in visible light and sends heat back to the filament. http://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/high-tec ... cence.html

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/01/16, 05:24

Too bad they do not say how many lumens / Watt 40% because it does not say much, MIT he would mix apples and oranges?

LEDs are 10x better than the performance of old filament lamps. Thus LEDs on average, would have a yield of 30% in comparison, out of their theoretical potential would be 60% >>> but CREE would already be at 50% (254 lumens per watt)

And so incandescent 50'000 hours of life and 40% yield all at 6500K, I have a doubt ... By cons as said the article, this breakthrough will surely be useful depending on the application.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/01/16, 09:12

It is not clear indeed.
The values ​​announced in the article correspond to this table https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendement ... ote-ccri-3

I do not know if this is the right base to refer to 555nm for 100%, but comparing to incandescent 100 w, 40% would be 17.5 / 2.6 X 40 = 269 lm / w

Calculation that may not mean anything either and it will depend on the efficiency of the filter.
As it will be several years before you see them arrive, do not sell the skin of the bear ... :?:

6500 k? I did not see that in the article, the incandescence is 2700 k.

An announcement effect to increase the research budget does not hurt, especially since the technology does not use rare earths, even with a less spectacular performance, it has a good chance of competing with LEDs. 230 V which currently are not often superior to the compact fluorescents because of their low power supply part.
Last edited by izentrop the 15 / 01 / 16, 09: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/01/16, 09:50

New bulbs with nanoparticles as a bonus ... :frown:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/01/16, 09:55

Ahmed wrote:New bulbs with nanoparticles as a bonus ... :frown:
Problem in sprays and creams for the skin, but it is a sheet of materials not intended to be turned into powder, right?
I guess it will be studied accordingly?
Precautions in manufacturing and not in recycling would be a criterion to be respected :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/16, 11:09

Obamot wrote:Too bad they do not say how many lumens / Watt 40% because it does not say much, MIT he would mix apples and oranges?

Absolutely, it is always difficult to talk about efficiency in% when changing the type of energy ... and the type of energy are different, it is more delicate (not only calculate but also to understand)

If I remember correctly I had a day long ago, felt that the overall performance of incandescent bulbs ranged to 5% ... ie that 95% was going into heat.

In fact a simple temperature measurement would achieve the overall yield when measured on a bulb XW YW energy dissipated as heat, it gives us directly the yield with (X - Y) / X or 1 - Y / X!

Example: If a bulb (classic, LED or neon ... whatever) of 6W 5W dissipated as heat when its yield is gloabl 1 - 5 / 6 17% =

I think it is possible to find these dissipation values ​​on the sites of major manufacturers such as Phillips, Osram Megaman or not? May be looking in the range pro?

valid method for any light bulb without the use of more or less complex calculations (calculate the energy of electromagnetic radiation is hefty anyway!)

Too bad I did not calorimeter tank under the hand ... :(
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/01/16, 11:34

It's not innocent a MOCH, it heats a lot, too. : Cheesy: Thanks to makeup, no doubt : Arrowd: ok I'm going out -> [] : Cheesy:

izentrop wrote:6500 k? I did not see that in the article, the incandescence is 2700 k.

6500 ° K is not far from the top performance for an LED, below it does not light as well. We saw it in another thread.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/16, 11:41

Technologically I do not know if the LED is 6500K better performance? url please?

For measuring performance in lumens / W, depending the sensitivity of the spectrum used for measurement of Lumens ...

If indeed this spectrum is "wedged" to visible sunlight (that is, the whole rainbow, every wavelength, every color, is weighted the same) then the 6500K is the bulbs that will give the best performance ...

But if the measure spectrum is locked on, say, the wavelength corresponding to the bulbs is incandescance 2700K then it is these that will give the best return.

Also, do not forget that appreciation of light is subjective: some people hate the light of day in the evening at home (yet it is the light they see every day with the sun) ... and swear by hot lights recall the fireside (epigenetic inheritance ???)

Tastes and colors what ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/01/16, 12:28

Nanoparticles could very well spread during a broken bulb ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/16, 12:52

Yes but we are not (yet) there Ahmed!

Anyway, as there are still no laws or standards (to my knowledge) on nanoparticles ... well industrials will do what they want ...
0 x