Google: localization and personalization (SEO / SERP)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Google: localization and personalization (SEO / SERP)

by Christophe » 18/12/15, 15:16

During a private discussion with Grelinette, we found that Google's results were very different for the same query.

This does NOT concern only google advertising (where it makes sense that it can have geographic targeting for certain businesses or services) but also natural results and in particular results on google images (see below)

Obviously from one country to another it makes sense to have different results but from one computer to another in the same country is more surprising ...

The google algorithm is more and more complex (too much?) ... so much so that many more people manage to really understand it (maybe not even their creators !!!) ... and those who claim to understand it perfectly are liars looking to sell you ... dream :)

The history of the sites that you have already visited is, I think, also a factor taken into account more and more by google (remarketing technique) ... this even if you are not housed with a google account (I never am).

I therefore suggest that you do a small comparative study "between us" on a common keyword of our choice.

With grelinette we had taken the keyword "hiking bike" which is therefore quite neutral and here are the results:

At Grelinette:

At home (from a Belgian connection therefore):

To begin with, what does this give you with "hiking bike"?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/12/15, 15:30

At home in Picardy:
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 18/12/15, 15:43

Obvious, we find everything that we consulted before, like my shoes, bikes, chocolates, toys, briefs, etc., especially on gogle partner sites, very visible on econology and elsewhere! !

If you want to change it, just delete cookies from google and commercial sites, to finish my shoe which reappears constantly in my case !!

Any request on google takes into account everything you have consulted before and also those on a global scale, so according to the requester, even on the same computer with different users, you do not have the same answers !!

However it is very understandable, first, the sites paying a max to be first, then the cheapest, then those who paid nothing on the 50th line, which I consult first because much better, cheaper, better documented !!

So set google to have 100 answer lines, and only look after the first twenty lines, unless you want to charge a site for nothing, because it annoys you !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/15, 16:16

simplino wrote:Obvious, we find everything that we consulted before, like my shoes, bikes, chocolates, toys, briefs, etc., especially on gogle partner sites, very visible on econology and elsewhere! !

On advertising yes ... but this obviously ALSO concerns "natural" results (which ultimately become less and less natural if this is true!)

simplino wrote:If you want to change it, just delete cookies from google and commercial sites, to finish my shoe which reappears constantly in my case !!

Yes, by the way, aren't there any FF plugins that could automatically erase them regularly? Like every X days?

simplino wrote:Any request on google takes into account everything you have consulted before and also those on a global scale, so according to the requester, even on the same computer with different users, you do not have the same answers !!

Are you sure about the results non-commercial?

simplino wrote:So set google to have 100 answer lines, and only look after the first twenty lines, unless you want to charge a site for nothing, because it annoys you !!

Disagree: the commercial results are certainly put forward (logic is what makes "live" google) but they are quite distinct from the natural results! This subject is interested in natural results, not paying results ...

Personally I only very rarely click on the advertising results: a good site (and this was the case for the eco-store for years before it was massacred by the markeplace and other trickery of the net, like buying comments or social, that google now takes into account ...) can do without paid advertising! And a good NON PAYING place is a pledge of trust worth 1000x a paying place ... This is my opinion of "pro" of the web for 15 years ...

But do Internet users still think like this? I have doubts ... "we" have so stupefied them! :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/15, 16:20

izentrop wrote:At home in Picardy:

Goods.

Too bad you cut the image too early: we don't see the Google Image results.

For the rest, the natural results seem identical to those of grelinette (which reassures me)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/15, 16:30

So we already have a certainty: Google takes into account the country for the results (even in the same language) but not the region! Okay

Conversely do you think that the location of a site plays in the results?

This concerns us directly since Econologie is located ... in Belgium ... although born in France ...

Some tests could determine it ...
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 18/12/15, 16:50

The first presented even without marked advertisement undergo a partial influence of their payment on google, direct or indirect !!

And what we looked at before changes, these answers !!
delete cookies and everything changes !!

example search on

dd internal 2T0 3,5

gives google shopping images and after the most aggressive search engines, sites with intensive advertising, the least good, because where I bought does not appear, 52 € each 2Q0 !!!!

google takes into account your past profile, known languages, etc.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/12/15, 16:53

Let’s try to be realistic.

1) Google lives on advertising 'to offer us an (undeniable) service and even quality (I would not hesitate to say that they have changed our lives).
As much as he does it well

2) Targeted ad: ok. Personally, even if it means "enduring" the ad, as long as it is not saturated with background noise. I'm a "technical" man who hates football, so I don't care about the ads for laundry, lady's underwear, perfumes. Take the example of bicycles: the port is expensive, you might as well work with nearby suppliers.

3) Yeah, we can no longer deceive search engines as easily as we used to. I remember in 2008 buying domain names to influence Google. It would still have cost me.

4) Consumption habits are changing: people shop less and throw out all kinds of pubs. Have you seen the price of rents and distribution?

5) By cons where they annoy me the most is when they put the advertising of my competitors right in gmail! When I send a quote to a gmail address, I am very careful to avoid certain keywords in the title and body of the email

You should repeat the test:

1) in English (or Spanish, German, etc.)
2) by logging in on google crosswise: French on google.be, Belgian on google.fr
To see

Our website teacher also advised us the other day to do some research in English.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/15, 17:51

simplino wrote:The first presented even without marked advertisement undergo a partial influence of their payment on google, direct or indirect !!

Uh I don't quite understand what you are saying ...

NON-ADVERTISING results have nothing to do with a payment ...
0 x
mesvieuxcartons
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mesvieuxcartons » 18/12/15, 19:52

Google also takes into account the "responsiveness" of web pages. On a personal site more related to my job, Google Analytics even tells me what I need to change to improve SEO.

For the comparative study, I get the same result as izentop

Internet users make fun of all this, well, it depends on the target. As a general rule, they will look no further than the first page displayed by Explorer ... you this wonderful browser that makes developers' lives very difficult.

We could do the same comparison but on different search engines and without emptying cookies.
0 x
my dear cartons, make a gesture for your planet, do not throw away your cartons! https://www.mesvieuxcartons.fr