Reload a laser printer toner reset chip HP

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Reload a laser printer toner reset chip HP

by Christophe » 21/10/15, 13:47

Message from the subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/traces-hor ... 14225.html

It is possible to refill laser printer toner provided we have powder from a "discount" toner, this requires a reset of the chip, here is the method to follow via 2 links:

Superform wrote:
Christophe wrote:Ah yes not con Superform ... provided that:

a) this is possible without breaking everything down, have you already done so?
b) the "HP chip" of the old toner (which therefore considers the toner empty) accepts this kind of manipulation ...

Anyway, I don't know if it's worth taking the risk ...

yes I did, but not on HP. I do it on my brother, with recycled toner. The brother has a simple handling to continue printing the same empty toner, and the recovery toner is also brother toner which remains when the clients' printers are idle.

Little info by the way, at brother there is a type of toner per printer, but if we stay in the same range, the only differences between the toner are polarized on the bottom. We remove the polarizers, and it works.

to refill the toner:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12iri ... idges_tech
to reset the toner:
http://www.freshinkjets.net/hp/color-to ... -2840.html
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/10/15, 14:22

It's good if you already have an HP, and then it's better not to have a color laser ... It eats up a lot of toner when you just print B / W pages and no way to avoid that.
Result I dropped my 2605dtn and I lost the investment in PostScript license !!! :| : Cry:

Too bad, it was probably the best laser in the world with Canon
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/15, 14:56

The example is for HP but Superform says they did it for a Brother so I think that by searching we can find the equivalent for all brands.

The condition is that the toner is not stuck (not the case with HP, it is screwed)

For yes Obamot colors, I also noticed this on my HP2840: the colors are empty even if we print "black and white" documents... ie without colors, invoice style, administrative ... strange therefore ... to believe that HP makes black with colors?

But after configuring the printer manager to print in "grayscale", I no longer had excessive color consumption (at least on my model)
0 x