IA: Google analyzes and describes images automatically

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

IA: Google analyzes and describes images automatically

by Christophe » 05/12/14, 12:08

A further step forward at Google: the automatic image analyzer, and it works already not bad even if there are still bugs: http://www.01net.com/editorial/632782/r ... -l-humain/

Researchers at the American giant have managed to work together two neural networks so that a program can describe in one sentence and successfully the content of an image.

Comparative result:

Good or not in fine? One can ask the question ... at this rate in 50 years (what before?) Even the justice will be automated and robotic ... with the drifts that implies!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: IA: Google analyzes and describes images automatically

by sen-no-sen » 05/12/14, 13:18

Christophe wrote:Good or not in fine? One can ask the question ... at this rate in 50 years (what before?) Even the justice will be automated and robotic ... with the drifts that implies!

In 50 years! : Lol: Are you joking or what?

: Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/forums/demain-tous-chomeurs-t13279.html

The process has largely started, it may even be too late ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/14, 13:29

Yeah ... pfff
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/12/14, 23:27

Ay ay ay

Wikipedia wrote:Google's mission is " organize information globally and make it universally accessible and useful »

It's beautiful cynicism! : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/14, 23:41

Houla ... it's not with 0.5 M $ that they will go far ...

Google's mission is "to organize information globally and make it universally accessible and useful"

: Shock: : Shock:

I thought that was Wikipedia's mission precisely?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/12/14, 16:25

€ made the lawyer's salary at US $ 41'500.-

The fathers, they are horribly badly paid nowadays ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/14, 22:33

Uh I do not see how you get to this budget ...

What I wanted to say is that it remains a drop of water compared to what brews google no?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/14, 11:42

I do not know if it will win: it is piracy that is prohibited, not information on techniques and places.

Their thing is like wanting to forbid the sale of kitchen knives on the pretext that you can also kill with them.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 15/12/14, 17:14

Image Image Image Image Image

I found some old post notes for the forum :D
It's just to receive notifications on this topic that I heard about this weekend

In 20 years, the network will be so powerful that it can indeed take control, and since everything is managed from the net ...

When I think that it is a question of eliminating the learning of writing at school and going directly to the keyboard ... are sick
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 16/12/14, 11:25

As usual, when we talk about innovations and technical progress, there is,

- on the one hand, the positive aspect of the imagination and skills of researchers who find and develop methods and algorithms to answer a need or solve a problem,

- on the other hand, all the dubious and negative uses that these new technologies allow.

The analysis and recognition of photos or drawings is a subject studied for a very long time:

Being able to use an algorithm to scan a database of images, or on the web, to find photos according to their content is very useful and interesting.

For example, look for all the clichés that represent a particular person (political, businessman, gangster, terrorist, ...), a place, a planet, an object, a vehicle, a specific material, etc., etc. ..

Moreover, search engines already do it very effectively for text. Why would images or photos be more problematic, especially since text is already linked to images (eg Facebook)?

Note also that recent news has shown, admittedly with some flaws, that one could quickly identify an individual from a video or a photo (see the French executioners who make war in Syria).

Would there be automatic facial analysis behind these latest cases? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"