Plasma radiator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Plasma radiator

by stef5555 » 26/03/14, 18:55

:| anyone have he try one ?? (considering the price of these radiators, it is better to inquire before)

all I know is that it emits more "long" infrared radiation than a conventional convector so less convection

the plasma radiator looks a bit like the sun, it sends long infrared radiation so it does not heat the air directly but heats the walls and people and then the air comes to warm on contact with walls and floors and according to the sites needs less power compared to other conventional radiator
0 x
perpetual motion .........................
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/03/14, 20:32

Hello,
Same characteristics as infrared.
Plasma must do well as a business argument.
The energy efficiency of an electric direct heat transmitter is 100% whatever the technology used.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 27/03/14, 10:50

The term "plasma" does not refer to the operation of the radiator, but to the manufacture of the heating resistor which is carried out by vacuum deposition of thin layers of metallization by plasma sources.

As pointed out by izentrop, the efficiency is exactly the same as other electric resistance heaters.

At best, the feeling of comfort is (a little) greater with radiant radiators (which include "plasma" radiators), so we can consume (a little) less for equal comfort, but radiant radiators are much cheaper. than "plasma".
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/03/14, 12:10

Engineers call radiators "transmitters".

For a transmitter to be as efficient as possible (power, efficiency, speed of heating, etc.), you must:
- That the delta T ° between the medium to be heated and the emitter is as low as possible.
- That the emitter's exchange surface is as large as possible.

For this reason, the best way to heat a room will be the floor heating, because the heat rises and it will take a temperature at the emitter below 30 ° to heat a room to 18 ° C.

Regardless of the energy used, heating with a radiator is as archaic as traveling on horseback. :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/14, 12:29

citro wrote:Engineers call radiators "transmitters".

For a transmitter to be as efficient as possible (power, efficiency, speed of heating, etc.), you must:
- That the delta T ° between the medium to be heated and the emitter be as low as possible.

Uh not for the power and speed of heating eh!

Heated floors have a very high inertia, in my case it is several hours before they reach stabilized temperature!

Otherwise yes the low temperature heating allows savings therefore better overall efficiency: it is related to comfort and felt and to the various losses in production and distribution more reduced with low T ° transmitters ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/03/14, 12:45

Christophe wrote:Uh not for the power and speed of heating eh!
Yes, you're right,
The low temperature floor allows heating with less instantaneous power because the delta T ° will be lower.

Heating to gain only 5 or 10 ° theoretically takes less time but the large exchange surface of a floor slows this rise in temperature.

The design of heated floor slabs and the insulation under slabs have progressed enormously over the past 20 years to reduce losses in the ground.

Opposite the floor, there is forced air heating which allows it to heat a volume very quickly because it heats the air in the volume before heating the envelope (a wall for the floor or the wall against which is fitted a radiator in the case of the radiator).
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 28/03/14, 14:02

Christophe wrote:The heated floors have a very high inertia, with me it is several hours before they reach stabilized temperature !.

hi Christophe

If an electrical resistance or a hot water circuit is embedded, on the surface
10 or 20cm of insulation, covered by a minimum floor,

there is no more thermal inertia,
apart from 30 or 60kg of floor for 10m²,
or we will diffuse 1kW maximum maximum in cold weather
it is directly without thermal bridge!

Where is the problem ?

and if ... !? the problem would be that it's not expensive enough : Mrgreen:
(a story of reverse Polish plumber, but 'always' ultra capitalist)

unintended thermal inertia should be avoided and / or used wisely.

Is there an ecological non-compressible insulation, installable like a placo-polysthyrene?
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully