Aquacell: a battery that recharges the water ???

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Aquacell: a battery that recharges the water ???

by elephant » 18/02/14, 16:46

Found this:

http://lejournaldusiecle.com/2014/02/18 ... 5-minutes/

But I can't tell from reading the article whether it is a "dry-delivered" battery (like car batteries in the past) or really a rechargeable battery.

Update 16:53.

Okay, okay, nothing exciting, that's what I feared:

http://www.ceto.ch/shop/aquacell-batter ... 4x-aa.html

and since it is zinc carbon .... blah: expensive for not much electricity.

We can lock
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/02/14, 17:09

I saw at leclerc several years ago a water calculator following the same principle

it was too expensive for me but I opened one: 2 small transparent plastic container to fill with water, each with 2 electrodes

explanation: a liquid crystal calculator consumes very little: 2 copper and zinc electrodes make electricity soaked in any electrolyte ... and given the low power required by the calculator never perfectly pure water is enough

the idea of ​​making a battery according to this principle is good for all devices that consume very little like liquid crystal clock ... unless there is a need to wake up: there will not be enough power to ring

of course it is not a water cell! it’s a zinc cell: it’s the metal of the electrode that dissolves and provides the energy

it's a big comeback from the first battery invented by volta

the downside of this battery was to quickly polarize when asked for power ... without disadvantage for low power stuff

other drawback: with an acidic electrolyte zinc is puffed up even if it is not used ... with water this drawback disappears

other drawback: low peak power: unable to operate a remote control, unless an electrochemical capacitor is added ... but this R6 format battery may already contain a capacitor?

other possibility if it does not give enough power with water, it is possible that the manufacturer has put a little soluble product in the battery ... but it would only work once

this idea is funny: return of the simple battery not thanks to a progress of the battery but thanks to the progress of the device which consumes almost nothing and allows to use the most archaic of the battery

right now I'm going to get a scrap of zinc from my scrap heaps and give it a try
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/02/14, 17:36

Chatelot 16 said:

other possibility if it does not give enough power with water, it is possible that the manufacturer has put a little soluble product in the battery ... but it would only work once

This is what I said in the update of my post.

Very likely there is dry salt in the pile. gadget for green boos.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/02/14, 18:11

reading your link better is not at all the same as what I talked about

their battery is an almost normal carbon zinc except that the chemistry around the coal is delivered completely dry and that it takes water to activate it

my idea of ​​copper zinc is only 0,8V
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/14, 18:14

It's your 1st elephant hypothesis which is right, only it's idiots of journalists deceive their readers with sensational headlines to boost their readings ... or they are just too stupid to check their info and be fooled by press releases ... too flattering ...

ps: I made a comment on the journaldusiecle, it did not go to moderation (I was not as inquisitive as the comment I just made ...)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/02/14, 18:24

In fact, the product is not stupid: a battery that can be kept for years until activated by soaking it in water.
It can be kept in a cupboard as a backup in the event of a power failure.

But actually nothing to do with a "water recharge" : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/14, 18:37

Gaston wrote:But actually nothing to do with a "water recharge" : Evil:

Yep ... that's the whole problem with these items ... like false advertising!!

Although ... it is possible, depending on the composition of the aquacell, that several "refills" are possible ...

In any case it is not the miracle product announced ... :| : Evil:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/02/14, 18:39

as a back-up battery that you can keep for ten years as long as you don't use it, there is simply the alkaline battery: they keep almost forever, including the lowest end

no need to waste your time with demountable batteries which in addition risks leaking ... and we may put water in it once it has dissolved what is inside it is corrosive
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/14, 18:44

chatelot16 wrote:they keep almost forever, including the lowest end

Uh why is there a date on it then?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/02/14, 19:01

it was important to look at the dates on the zinc charcoal batteries, because with a slightly old battery we had lost almost all the capacity ... with alkaline 10 years more or less do not scare them

then there is the problem of expiration dates, which are a big source of waste when the date is too short

in the case of batteries this is not an expiration date, it is a date to avoid selling products that are too old

cala says my observation that the duration of alkaline storage is very long was made on alkaline of the time or it contained mercury ... now that they are mercury-free this quality may be lowered

finally even without measuring the capacity remaining in the battery, at the time of zinc carbon a battery forgotten in a corner a few years was found completely empty ... now the alkaline batteries that drag for years without being used are still good
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"