electric Enigma

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
steph10100
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

electric Enigma

by steph10100 » 22/07/13, 03:46

Hello, I'm new to the forumso I do not know if my post will be in the right place.

Anyway, here is the enigma that I have at home at the moment: I live in a house, and it was some time that the phenomenon occurred but it was sporadic and we made with. But since 10 days it has become really weird. The electric meter trips simultaneously at home and at the neighbor opposite. What is even more bizarre is that it happens at very specific times: 11h55 and 1h25 (an 10h30 interval exactly between 2). and it's exactly synchronized with the neighbor. We have been buying the house since 6 months, and the neighbors are telling us that the problems started when our predecessors did some work before the sale.

I contacted EDF to explain the problem. They are categorical: it does not concern them and we refer to our personal electrical installations. It is true that we are not rigorously in line with the current standards (no insulation differential parts of the circuit, neutral common to the entire circuit), but the installation is rather good otherwise.

So here are my 2 riddles:
- circuit breakers that cut simultaneously between 2 houses that nothing seems to bind from the electrical point of view
- This happens at fixed times every day and 2 times a day since 10 days.

Someone has a solution?

Thank you in advance
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 22/07/13, 07:23

A hypothesis that looks like a problem of theft of electricity Someone would have plugged a cable into the neighbor's home with a timer to steal electricity from it and the system is running juice.
0 x
steph10100
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by steph10100 » 22/07/13, 07:54

raymon wrote:A hypothesis that looks like a problem of theft of electricity Someone would have plugged a cable into the neighbor's home with a timer to steal electricity from it and the system is running juice.

Someone ? My old owners would have hooked up with neighbors to steal electricity or someone steals electricity from all 2? I point out that the neighbor is on the other side of the road and no wires connecting the houses. For that it would be necessary that the son pass under the bitumen! Where I agree is that there is a direct link somewhere between 2 circuits, otherwise it would not break at the same time. But all my research is futile!
What does "short juice" mean?

Thank you for your interest ! I do not sleep anymore!
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 22/07/13, 08:05

Run jus that means cost circuit. Yes normal no visible wire ok I'm paranoid.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 22/07/13, 08:28

Hello,

On another forumI had read a similar problem. In the end, it turned out that the trouble came from public lighting ...

http://forums.futura-sciences.com/brico ... fixes.html

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/07/13, 17:51

the fact that it is fixed time indicates that there is an automatism that triggers the disjunction.

Indeed, public lighting is a "suspect".

Now it's amazing that he has such an influence on the particular 2 drawdown counter ...

The circuit breakers trip in case of overcurrent (or overheating, or sometimes current leakage for differentials). The worst overcurrent occurs if a phase directly affects the neutral (short circuit) is the fire without breaker.

If an automaton makes odd commutations, it could go up in the installations of particulars, that it is in differential current or in short circuit ...

I would still be surprised by a direct phase / neutral switch. On the other hand, any leakage current can not be ruled out when switching public lighting, since it now consists of spectral discharge lamps.

By having a high-capacity differential circuit breaker (eg 500 mA), it should be less jumping, however the standards now impose quite sensitive 30 mA differentials. However, it can work without; but housing people will be less protected ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/13, 18:01

Except that :

a) the schedules do not seem to match!

b) public lighting is generally controlled by probe, and does not light at regular time but at a given light intensity ...

Is the main breaker jumping? Is it differential 30 mA?

If so, are there circuit breakers on the main feeders (lighting, sockets, washing machine, etc.)? Or just fuses? Normally, these are the ones that jump in case of "internal" troubles ...

Are the masses well connected to a terminal in the earth? (not on water pipes?) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/07/13, 18:07

yes it can be a problem of escape to the earth ...

the title of this subject is aptly named. :P
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/07/13, 18:42

what's skipping? it is certainly not the meter but rather the circuit breaker

and what circuit breaker? what type? differential how much mA?

with the differential 40mA we put everywhere with the current standards it jumps at the slightest contact between the earth and a neutral or phase wire

with the 500mA Differential Edf Circuit Breaker an insulation fault between neutral and earth does not have any effect as long as the neutral does not have any earth voltage, which is the normal case

it is possible for a neighbor to have something that consumes a large current spike and makes the voltage drop in the neutral wire that is grounded at the transformer level, and this voltage peak on the neutral jumps simultaneously the breakers of those who have a defect between phase and neutral that passed unnoticed

the control is easy to do: cut the current with the disjonteur edf and measure the isolation between earth and neutral
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/07/13, 19:37

Hello

Verifying the main connection of the neutral
This can come from the outside supplier of the house especially if it concerns two different houses.

test with resitance in a ground and phase ground socket to see how much the differrential drops the circuit breaker.

More drastically temporarily open the loop circuit of the differrential circuit breaker, to see if the problem persists.

You do not get excited with the main circuit breakers differrentiel many countries do not have this system (the neutral is rélier the earth) and there is no more eléctrocution ..

Andre
0 x