Pb with Ecowatt 850: 0 still desperately displays kW

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pb with Ecowatt 850: 0 still desperately displays kW

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 18:48

Hello,

I just installed an ecowatt 850, unfortunately the display still desperately always indicates 0 kW in 'instant' mode while the current clamp surrounds a cable crossed by a current of 6A at 230V (radiator of 1500W).

However, the reception signal icon is fixed, which confirms that the transmitter is properly attached and the batteries inserted in both the transmitter and the receiver are good.

Have you ever had this kind of concern?

Thank you for your help.
0 x
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

additional info

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 19:36

I repeated several times the procedure "connect the screen to the transmitter" which takes place without pb.

I have every 6 seconds a red flash on the transmitter and on the receiver.

But still "0 kW" on the display while the ammeter clamp surrounds the cable supplying my 1500 W fan heater!

Mystery...

Ideas ?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/13, 19:47

Some tracks to do in order

a) You put the pliers on only 1 of the 2 wires of the cable (measurement on a single phase compulsory) and not the complete complete power cable? Otherwise it is completely normal to have 0 because the physical effect used by the clamp is canceled!

b) Try the 2 other holes in the transmitter (on the base) as you are visibly single-phase you only need a pair of pliers

c) Calibrate the voltage on the receiver (230 by default, goes to 240 V)

d) Change the transmitter and receiver batteries

e) If it still does not work after that, contact the after-sales service ... if you bought it on our shop: https://www.econologie.com/shop/contactez-nous.html
0 x
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 19:55

Hello Christophe and thank you for your answer.

As much for me, I put all the cable which thus contains the 2 wires Phase and neutral!

I am a donkey ! : Cry:

I isolate the wire and I try again.

Thank you very much for helping out!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/13, 20:18

I'm sure it will get better right away ... you hadn't contacted the after-sales service before posting?
0 x
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 21:23

With the connection to the phase alone, it works much better! :?

Thank you very much and again sorry.
0 x
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 21:27

Christophe wrote:I'm sure it will get better right away ... you hadn't contacted the after-sales service before posting?

Yes, I had sent an email to the after-sales service.

I will send another one right away to say that the pb was due to an installation error on my part.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/13, 21:29

Ok I would answer you if you bought it from us, if it is not the case, it is always nice to take care of the after-sales service of the competition ... it shows that we are better than them! : Cheesy:

For those interested : Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html
0 x
cdarsac
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cdarsac » 02/06/13, 21:44

Christophe wrote:Ok I would answer you if you bought it from us, if it is not the case, it is always nice to take care of the after-sales service of the competition ... it shows that we are better than them! : Cheesy:

No unfortunately, I didn't know you yet and the product had been bought elsewhere.

I discovered the forum looking for info on "ecowatt 850" to try to solve my problem and i was pleasantly surprised at what i found.

A shop presenting all these products and a forum partner also provided, it's really great.
Congratulations!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/13, 08:04

quote = "cdarsac"] A shop presenting all these products and a forum partner also provided, it's really great.
Well done! [/ Quote]

Well, welcome here!

Have you read the operating topic for new members? https://www.econologie.com/forums/fonctionne ... 12532.html
0 x