Digital society: weakened memory by Internet / ICT

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Digital society: weakened memory by Internet / ICT

by Christophe » 05/09/12, 15:18

I think we already had a subject on the subject of the reduction of intellectual faculties because of the internet, but I did not find it ...

I have to spend too much time in front of my computer and CQFD internet! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Computer harms memory: scientists warn of "digital dementia"

Psychiatry professor Manfred Spitzer (based in Ulm, Baden-Württemberg) speaks out after longitudinal research against early and frequent contact of children with computers and the Internet. “Digital media are detrimental to the development of memory, are not suited to encourage learning and cause addictions,” the researcher said in a publication. He therefore questions the use of digital media in learning processes, arguing that "if the computer does some of the traditional mental work, which is the mental work that is the basis of cognitive development in the brain, then it too frequent computer use may interfere with the development of important cognitive mechanisms, such as those of concentration and memory ". PISA studies, in which data from nearly 300.000 15-year-olds were collected, found that adolescents with the most access to a personal computer in school were also those with the lowest grades on average. And if the development of new computer skills cannot be measured in the traditional school system, the "zapping" of information generated by digital technologies is for the studies cited the most striking factor in prolonged loss of concentration.

The neuroscientist, whose book "Digital dementia. How can we bring new learning to our children" has just been published, is based on the results of a recent survey by 62 professors from German universities. According to this study, important skills such as argumentative logic, the ability to type or summarize a text and the ability to concentrate would be diminished in the youngest university students who grew up with the advent of the Internet. According to neuroscientists, these deficits are due to a kind of digital overdose, a chemical mechanism of brain stress caused by information zapping. Thus Spitzer does not come out in favor of the generalized principle of rapid and multitasking work, which is nevertheless valued in the professional world. According to him, recent research shows that this tendency especially develops in the individual a mechanism of rapid "jump" between various information little or badly processed, individual who would thus train himself to an attention disorder.

http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... /70864.htm
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 09 / 12, 18: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/09/12, 16:51

Nice, it goes in the right direction! : Cheesy:

Because if you forgot that you are in bad shape, you will have the impression that things are better.

: Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 05/09/12, 20:39

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/09/12, 23:40

Memory problem? : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/12, 10:33

If thank you! Nevertheless: CQFD !! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/09/12, 14:12

internet is as much a solution as a problem

the world becomes more and more complicated ... without internet we would not be able to find the information we are looking for

but the internet is making the world even more complicated

for the memory, it depends ... I do not see a difference between what I learn on the net or elsewhere

I see the problem more serious for the collective memory, of a company, or of the state ... we trust too much the memory of our computer, and we risk to be found without memory even in case of problem

when in some company where I worked I warn against important information blocked in software too closed with file format that we do not control I have never been taken seriously
0 x